Individual Consultant – Mission Manager-IBCB/SI/SD (For Indian Nationals Only) – Dehradun, Uttarakhand, INDIA
The Government of Uttarakhand has to reduce poverty by building strong institutions of the poor particularly the women under the DAY-NRLM (Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana - National Rural Livelihoods Mission) the flagship program of Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India. The current Technical Support project to the Department of Rural Development, Government of Uttarakhand is conceived to provide Sustainable Livelihood Approach that focusses on securing adequate and decent livelihoods that contribute to the wellbeing of people not only through income security but also by creating strong coping mechanisms that mitigate the vulnerabilities that the poor face. The programme consists of a comprehensive set of capacity building initiatives to strengthen the community institutions coupled with a range of support services to ensure the viability of the economic activities undertaken by the Self-Help Groups (SHGs) and their federations to include access to credit and financial services, business incubation and productivity enhancement services, business and financial management skills, livelihood or enterprise support, market linkage, etc.
The state governments are mandated to set up dedicated Mission Management Units at the state, district and village/community level for the effective implementation of the NRLM scheme.The mission provides regular hand-holding support to SHG/federations for a period of 5-7 years.At the end of a fully implementation cycle the SHGs/federations are well prepared to become resource institutions at the community level for providing evidence and support to other social initiatives.The programme focuses on agenda of inclusion of the poorest of the poor through transformation of the groups of rural women into empowered, self-reliant community organizations consisting of four stages of development (i) social mobilization, community institution and capacity building; (ii) financial inclusion; (iii) livelihood promotion/skill building; and (iv) convergence as clearly defined in the NRLM scheme document.
In order to operationalize the Project, UNDP is currently in the process of recruiting Mission Manager-IBCB/SI/SD (MM-ISS) to support the nodal agency (State Government). The MM-ISS would be placed with the State Rural Livelihood Mission.
The MM-ISS will work under the guidance of the CEO, State Rural Livelihood Mission who will provide overall project implementation guidance.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions: The key results have an impact on the success of country programme within specific areas of cooperation. In particular, the key results will have an impact on poor and marginalized sections of the community and help in reducing poverty.
The position is located in Dehradun; however, the incumbent will be required to travel extensively in the State
Knowledge Management and Learning
Development and Operational Effectiveness
Management and Leadership
Required Skills and Experience
- PG Degree /Diploma in Management/Social Work/MSW/Rural development from a recognised University/Institute
- At least 5 years of experience in related sector after the completion of the Post Graduation.
- Proficiency in English-both speaking and writing
- Proficiency in computer skills
Duration of the Work:
- The contract will be awarded for one year initially. Working days will be as per the State Government policy.
- Travel within the state and districts would be required.
Schedule of Payments:
- Consolidated Annual Consultancy Fee (Remuneration) of Rs 5,40,000/- (@Rs. 45,000/- per month) payable in equal monthly instalments, upon submission of monthly progress report certified by the reporting officer.
- Contract will be administered by UNDP on behalf of the State Government of Uttarakhand;
- The consultant would report to CEO, SRLM, Government of Uttarakhand;
- All the logistic support related official travel will be borne by the Government of Uttarakhand as per their prevailing rules;
- Consultant will be entitled for 2 days leave per month (non-encashable).
- The incumbent will arrange to procure his/her own laptop. A monthly allowance of Rs 2500 will be provided separately for the laptop along with the remuneration.
- Personal CV, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
Evaluation Method and Criteria:
Preliminary shortlisting would be done based on the following criteria:
- Educational Qualification 20 Marks;
- Relevant Experience 35 Marks;
- Suitability for the assignment 15 Marks.
Those who obtain a minimum of 70% of total 70 marks above will be eligible to appear for the interview.
Interview for the shortlisted candidates would be either conducted face to face in Dehradun or by telephone / over skype. If face to face interviews are conducted, travel costs will be borne by the shortlisted Consultants. The contract shall be awarded on a merit basis.
Note - Please ensure that all the documents to be uploaded should be combined in a single PDF file before uploading as
the system has provision of uploading only one document.
For any clarifications, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MANDATORY - Please ensure that all the documents to be uploaded should be combined in a single PDF file before uploading as the system has provision of uploading only one document.(50 words or under)
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Dehradun (India)
- Grade: National Consultant - Locally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-07-17