Program Quality and Resources Mobilization Specialist Consultant
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
UN Women supports UN Member States as they set global standards for achieving gender equality, and works with governments and civil society to design laws, policies, programmes and services needed to ensure that the standards are effectively implemented and truly benefit women and girls worldwide. It works globally to make the vision of the Sustainable Development Goals a reality for women and girls and stands behind women’s equal participation in all aspects of life, focusing on five priority areas:
- increasing women’s leadership and participation;
- ending violence against women;
- engaging women in all aspects of peace and security processes;
- enhancing women’s economic empowerment;
- and making gender equality central to national development planning and budgeting.
UN Women Haiti Strategic Note (20187-2021) focuses on four strategic areas: (i) women participation in decision-making processes, including political and electoral process (ii) women’s economic empowerment particularly through leveraging the potential of agriculture and renewable energies; (iii) enhanced access of women to the justice system with a specific focus of women surviving gender-based violence and improving the performance of the justice system to address the needs of women and girls (iv) supporting women and girls to participate in the design and delivery of gender-responsive risk reduction strategies.
The pluriannual strategy of the UN Women Haiti Country Office (2018-2021) is aligned to the new Sustainable Development Framework of the United Nations in Haiti (UNSFD) and to the Program Flagships of UN Women. In the objective of strengthening its program management structure and support its evolving partnership strategy UN Women is recruiting a program management and resource mobilization Specialist who will contribute to enhanced coordination of the country office interventions including team management, program quality and support to funds mobilization.
The Specialist will be in charge, in coordination with the Program Specialist and M&E Officer to ensure quality program management processes and methodologies and harmonized resource mobilization working methodologies from proposal writing to reporting including quality control of implementation. This will also encompass technical support to implementing partners (SNU, Government and Civil Society), team management , supervision of project teams and support to the mobilization of financial resources for the different areas of intervention of the Country Office: Gender-based Violence, Women Political participation and leadership among others.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Country Representative and in coordination with the Program Specialist, the Program Management Specialist will be in charge of the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure quality program planning and monitoring:
- Support the development of program and project documents including implementation plans, partnership documents;
- Contribute to the strategic assessment of needs in technical assistance and advice on programs and projects to implement;
- Analyze and interpret the political, social and economic environment in the private sector, entrepreneurship, agriculture, including the gender and human rights approach, in order to provide relevant information to national institutional partners;
- Support and supervise project teams towards quality, accountable program management practices aligned with UNW RBM standards.
- Ensure efficient monitoring and evaluation across interventions:
- Strengthen staff, partners and other stakeholders’ capacities in the sector of program management and monitoring;
- Support effective monitoring and evaluation of activities through field missions, meetings and periodic reports;
- Prepare and submit all the activities’ reports (narrative and financial) within the deadlines respecting donors’ guidelines and templates;
- Contribute to the elaboration of trimestral and annual reports of the Country Office.
- Support the development of new partnerships, coordination and resources mobilization across UNW areas of intervention:
- Actively participate to meetings and activities of the United Nations System and government in the area of poverty reduction, partners coordination and Gender-Based Violence;
- Support the integration of gender national strategies and programs in collaboration with the other agencies of the United Nations System and the national partners (Ministry of Trade and Industry, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Environment, Ministry of Women Affairs, Ministry of Finance);
- Oversee the strengthening of partnerships with Un Women’s technical and financial donors intervening in the women empowerment issues and gender-based violence.
- Support research, publications and dissemination of results and operational strategies;
- Advise on skills gaps identified and support internal capacity development;
- Support the positioning of UN Women on strategic issues and identify strategic alliances likely to enhance results for women and girls in Haiti;
- Support the Country Office with emerging needs as required and within the framework of the consultancy.
- Implementation plans for all projects under consultant’s supervision;
- Funds mobilization tools: concept notes and program documents in the area of women economic empowerment (renewable energies, agriculture and others), women’s leadership, access to justice and violence against women;
- Harmonised program planning and monitoring tools in French based on UNW Program and Operations Manual (Calls for proposals, results framework, project reporting, standard budget, results monitoring);
- Guidance note on the development of projects for UNW partners (steps, templates, workflows etc.);
- Updated donor mapping.
Core Values and Guiding Principles:
- Integrity: Demonstrating consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct;
- Cultural Sensitivity/Valuing diversity: Demonstrating an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff;
- Demonstrating an international outlook, appreciating differences in values and learning from cultural diversity.
Ethics and Values: Promoting Ethics and Integrity / Creating Organizational Precedents.
- Building support and political acumen;
- Developing and Empowering People / Coaching and Mentoring;
- Building staff competence, creating an environment of creativity and innovation.
Working in Teams: Building and promoting effective teams.
Communicating Information and Ideas:
- Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication.
Self-management and Emotional intelligence:
- Creating an emotionally intelligent organization;
- Conflict Management / Negotiating and Resolving Disagreements;
- Leveraging conflict in the interests of the organization & setting standards;
Knowledge Sharing / Continuous Learning:
- Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning.
Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making:
- Fair and transparent decision making;
- calculated risk-taking.
- Builds strong relationships;
- Focuses on impact and results and responds positively to feedback;
- Approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Master’s) in development, and specifically in gender studies or economics;
- At least 5 years working experience in the field of projects management, coordination, monitoring and evaluation and/or in the sector of gender/women economic empowerment or resilience;
- Expertise and direct experience implementing projects with a wide-range of partners;
- Demonstrated experience in resources mobilization;
- Expert knowledge of Results-based Monitoring concepts, methodologies and best practices;
- Demonstrated capacity to analyse different datasets;
- Flexibility, adaptability and capacity to work independently in difficult contexts for long periods;
- Availability for field missions in remote areas;
- Knowledge of the Haitian context, national institutions and international/national NGOs working in Haiti;
- Team coordination and management experience;
- Fluency in English both oral and written;
- Knowledge of Haitian Creole and Spanish are an asset;
- Excellent command of MS Office Word, Excel and Power Point.