Last Mile Distribution Monitor
The Last Mile Distribution Monitor will be responsible for monitoring the roll out of HPF3 activities in the 8 HPF3 states and support the Boma Health Initiative to help meet the goals of the Ministry of Health. He/She will undertake PSM review and audits at implementation sites including accurate forecasting for commodities. Other activities will include community level coordination, humanitarian and crisis operations, and supporting other community level communication and messaging. The incumbent will be required to travel to implementation sites for monitoring the project activities. This position will be based in Juba and report to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Monitor implement strategies for Last Mile delivery of health commodities.
- Execute strategies for data collection from health facilities back to central level in Juba to aid in commodity forecasting.
- Ensure establishment of a consolidated and functioning country commodity supply chain
- Undertake PSM review and audits at implementation sites including accurate forecasting for commodities
- Monitor efficiency and effectiveness of last mile delivery of all health commodities, engagement with the Pharmaceutical Technical working group, directorate of pharmaceuticals and Central Medical Stores to ensure country consolidated distribution and forecasting for commodities.
- Monitor conformity of drugs to various framework governing the importation, storage and distribution of health commodities, equipment, consumables and supplies.
- Provide important insight to the country led PSM transitioning and integration of vertical or parallel supply chains.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience; with minimum 2 years management experience in a developing country;
- Bachelors degree from a recognized university in Management, Health or a related field
- Experience in supply chain management
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with staff, vendors, outside agencies and government officials.
- Familiarity with DFID processes and procedures
- A team player able to work with policy, management and service delivery colleagues
- Ability and willingness to work in a resource-scarce environment
- Sensitivity working with government structures in South Sudan
- Ability to work in a quickly changing political environment and ability to respond to needs as they arise
- Sound knowledge of operations within the health sector
- Previous work experience in a similarly hard to work country. Previous experience in South Sudan preferred.
- Experience of managing and mentoring large teams and drive them to achieve their full potential and the project’s outcomes;
- Proactive and flexible with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent experience of working in multicultural and diversified environments.
- Familiarity with the international donor community;
- Experience working in fragile states and/or situations of political sensitivity;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and cultural sensitivity.
Interested candidates may apply via e-mail: email@example.com or you can drop hard copy of their CV, cover letter and list of referees to Reception’s Desk at PSI South Sudan Juba Office reception.
- Organization: PSI - Population Services International
- Location: Sudan (Indonesia)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Public Health and Health Service
- Closing Date: 2018-07-20