Port-au-Prince (Haiti) | Papua New Guinea
Livelihoods Specialist: Papua New Guinea Biodiversity
DAI is seeking a Livelihoods Specialist for an anticipated USAID Biodiversity Program in Papua New Guinea, which will support conservation and natural resource management activities in priority ecosystems. This would be a full-time position, based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, for the full project term.
The PNG Biodiversity Program is a five-year, USD 15-20 million program is planned to work at the national and local levels to strengthen the policies and build the capacity needed to implement systems supporting improved customary management of lands and waters.
The Livelihoods Specialist will oversee the implementation of landscape and marine- based livelihoods and economic development interventions in selected protected areas of PNG. He or she will promote social support programs that help protect biodiversity through market-oriented and environmentally sustainable economic opportunities. find potential ways to leverage innovative financing mechanisms for improved management of biodiversity and natural resources.
- Degree in a relevant field, such as economics, agriculture, ecology, biology, natural resource governance, or relevant environmental sciences;
- At least seven years of experience with site-level economic development initiatives and utilizing community-based approaches to solve development problems;
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of economic development interventions that have yielded income-generating activities for communities;
- Previous experience working in Papua New Guinea, Oceania, or in in related biodiversity issues in South Asia preferred;
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Fluency in English required.
Interested qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and CV to the following address, with the specific technical area they are applying for in the subject line: PNGbiodiversity@dai.com. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. The deadline for applications is July 28, 2018.
- Organization: DAI - International Development Company
- Location: Port-au-Prince (Haiti) | Papua New Guinea
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-07-28