Database/Data Entry Consultant (re-advertisement)
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in Iraq since 2003 and in Northern Iraq since 2010. It is currently implementing a broad range of activities relevant to conflict affected communities and persons. The activities are categorized in ten sectors: Shelter and Non-food Items, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Livelihoods, Protection, Mine Risk Education, Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM).
About the job
Assist in the identification and registration of vulnerable HHs to participate in Livelihoods programming.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
• Cleaning and upload of household registration & beneficiary assessment data to DRC database, as per database guidelines
• Identifying data collection errors and reporting these to manager, supporting trainings and capacity buildings to reduce or address these errors
• Supporting programme staff with the verification and preparation of attendance and distribution lists
• Conduct outreach and communication with beneficiaries and DRC staff members in a community- and rights-based, participatory manner, maintaining an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD), and conflict-sensitive approach to community engagement.
• Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Iraq program Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and DRC Code of Conduct.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have strong communication skills, teamwork skills, spoken and written Kurdish, Arabic, and English language is a strong advantage. Moreover, we also expect the following:
• Relevant qualification or similar education/training in programming, IT, database design or management.
• Demonstrated experience working in data entry or database management.
• Professional experience in humanitarian programming – ideally cash or livelihoods.
• Understanding of, and commitment to humanitarian principles.
• Ability to engage with communities and individuals in a respectful, dignified manner.
• Demonstrated attention to detail, organized and thorough approach.
• High integrity and willingness to conduct her/himself transparently and open to scrutiny.
• Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to use relevant software and technology, including Microsoft Word and Excel, and ODK data collection tablets.• Willingness and capacity to work in the field and travel frequently to project sites when needed. Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse team, support others, coordinate and divide tasks to achieve a shared goal.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 6 months
Level: B2 1
Start date: As soon as possible.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. .
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking here or on the apply button.
Closing date for applications: 19 July, 2018. Due to the urgency of the position DRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Zummar (Iraq)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-07-19