Decent Rural Employment Specialist
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
| Organizational Setting |
The Social Policies and Rural Institutions Division (ESP) coordinates FAOâs work on social protection, gender equality, decent rural employment, rural institutions and peopleâs empowerment. It is responsible for working with member countries and other partners to reduce rural poverty through strengthening social protection systems, diversifying rural employment opportunities, reducing gender gaps and other social inequalities in agriculture, strengthening producer organizations and improving the rural poorâs access to productive resources and rural services.
Related assignments are located in the Decent Rural Employment Team (DRET), which leads FAOâs corporate work programme on Decent Rural Employment (DRE). In this role, the team and its members interact with relevant Technical Divisions at Headquarters, and Decentralized Offices. All team members contribute to policy support and specialize in specific topics such as youth employment promotion, child labour prevention in agriculture, migration, green jobs, International Labour Standards (ILS), etc.
The Decent Rural Employment Specialist will be under the overall supervision of the Director of ESP, the direct supervision of the DRE Team Leader, and the technical supervision of assigned officers from DRET.
Support to FAOâs work on decent rural employment at global, regional and/or country level.
Tasks and responsibilities for consultants and PSAs
- Advanced university degree (for consultants) / University degree (only for PSA) in rural development, political or social sciences, agriculture or other related field.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in policy assistance and programme development in the field of rural development and/or poverty reduction and/or rural employment, with experience in promoting youth employment, child labour prevention, migration, green jobs, and/or ILS in rural areas. (Individual assignments under this call may require a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.)
- For consultants\: Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of French or Spanish.
- For PSA\: Working knowledge of English.
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: rome
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Labour Market Policy
- Closing Date: 2018-08-08