Area Programme Manager - Syria
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are seeking a motivated humanitarian professional to join our Syria Response Office's operations. They are a university graduate with at least 5 years’ experience working in humanitarian programming and/or in volatile contexts.
We are particularly looking for a strong manager with experience in remote management of large programmes in the Middle East. Fluency in written and spoken English is essential and knowledge of Arabic would be an asset.
The Area Programme Manager (APM) is responsible for overseeing a substantial part of NRC’s Syria programme, in selected geographical areas. S/he will ensure that all projects and project activities meet relevant quality and compliance standards, extend adequate levels of high-quality support and supervision to the Project Managers, and contribute extensively to new programme development. The APM will ensure that NRC continues to implement holistic and needs-based programming and will represent NRC at relevant coordination forums. The APM is also a member of the Area Senior Management Team.
- Line management of the CC Project Managers, Area Grants Coordinator and Area M&E Coordinator;
- Ensure full adherence to NRC policies and procedures;
- Responsible for actively promoting, supporting and driving ‘integrated’ (multi-sector) programmes, cross-sectorial exchange of lessons learnt and adherence to relevant quality standards;
- Contribute towards country and area level (programmatic) strategies;
- Ensure Compliance to donor standards, and oversee effective grant management and regular, timely and high-quality reporting to donors of the Area programme, within the SRO grants management structure;
- Identify funding opportunities and develop funding strategy and forecasts and contribute substantially towards new program development;
- Responsible for grants management and BPO allocations in Area;
- Ensure compliance with contractual commitments and extracting and implementing key learnings from project implementation;
- Coordinate emergency responses in Area as and when relevant;
- Ensure a capacity building plan for all technical staff is developed and implemented.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Amman, Jordan
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early as the selection process may begin prior to the vacancy deadline.
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Amman (Jordan)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Managerial positions
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-07-21