Colombo (Sri Lanka)
We’re searching for a Country Director to serve in our Colombia field office. Do you have proven management and leadership skills? Are you looking to utilize your experience with international project development and staff management? If so, we invite to you apply for this opportunity to have career with impact!
The Country Director (CD) is responsible to provide overall vision, management and leadership to Samaritan's Purse activities in Colombia. Management responsibilities include staff development, government and donor relations, program design and implementation, reporting, budget management, daily field operations and staff support. This position will be based in Cúcuta, Colombia but will require frequent travel to Bogota.
- Create and cast the vision and strategy for Samaritan’s Purse in Colombia.
- Provide professional representation for Samaritan’s Purse with government officials, dignitaries, other NGOs, funding agencies, and visitors.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Serve as director, executive administrator, and primary contact for country field projects.
- Ensure appropriate supervision, support and direction for the effective engagement of all expatriate and national staff in their various assignments.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Provide job descriptions for expatriate staff and make hiring / firing recommendations to Regional Director and Field Staff Coordinator.
- Maintain profiles on all field staff, including emergency contact numbers and copies of passports and visas, performance reviews and exit interviews.
- Conduct field assessments, identify needs, design and implement response plans, including project budgets and writing funding proposals.
- Develop new programs, identifying and pursuing potential funding and other available resources for ongoing, new, or planned Samaritan’s Purse projects.
- Implement programs within the organizational guidelines of Samaritan’s Purse.
- Monitor program effectiveness and financial accountability, and evaluate ongoing and new activities.
- Ensure proper financial accounting and monthly reporting of all funds and financial activity.
- Prepare and submit monthly narrative and programmatic field reports to the Regional Director.
- Monitor potential and present emergencies and keep Samaritan’s Purse headquarters informed of events, including crisis response options.
- Participate in emergency response and first insertion teams as needed.
- Ensure that stories and photographs are sent to the Regional Director on a regular basis to share with the Communications Department.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ related international work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive international humanitarian experience in a management role with ability to lead large cross cultural teams.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Spanish required.
- Effective organizational, communication (written and verbal), and networking skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Financial management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of project planning and implementation.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
*One-year contract with the potential for renewal.
*This position is able to accommodate a spouse.
- Organization: SP - Samaritan's Purse
- Location: Colombo (Sri Lanka)
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Managerial positions
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-08-17