VN 2018/163 (P) - Resources Management Officer (Regional Programmes) (P2) - Pretoria, South Africa
Pretoria (South Africa)
Position Title Resources Management Officer (Regional Programmes)
Duty Station :Pretoria, South Africa Classification Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 19 July 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Director for Southern Africa, the direct supervision the Senior Regional Resources Management Officer (SRRMO), and in close coordination with Regional Programme Managers the successful candidate will provide support and guidance for the administration and resources management functions of regional projects in Southern Africa. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Regional Programme Managers and SRRMO in the financial and administrative management of all Regional Programmes in Southern Africa in coordination with concerned mission resources management and other support staff.
2. Monitor the financial expenditure of all Regional Programmes activities and Projects in South Africa and the Region, undertake financial analysis of projects in the region, forecast cash flows and burn rates, monitor the disbursement of funds, ensure funding is received in accordance with donor agreements, and bring anomalies and unusual trends to the attention of the Regional Programme Managers and SRRMO.
3. Assist in the preparation of budgets and budget revisions, as well as PRISM project structures, for on-going and new Regional Programmes. Analyse variances between budget and actual expenditures of Regional Programmes in the Region.
Page 1 / 34. Provide requested information, statistics and cost estimates, and recommend fees for all operational services to be charged to resettlement partners and migrants for on-going and new United States Refugee Admissions Programme (USRAP) and Health Assessment projects in South Africa and in the Region in coordination with concerned missions in the Region. 5. Propose improvements in work methods and procedures, and train and supervise national staff in the relevant areas of accounting and finance. Identify bottlenecks and recommend action to resolve problems or correct errors. Verify service provider invoices and ensure all supporting documentation is provided. Coordinate and follow up on procurement requests. 6. Implement and maintain appropriate internal controls to safeguard the Organization’s assets, control cash and prevent fraud.
7. Assist in the review of Regional Programmes and Projects proposal budgets in coordination with the Regional Programme Managers and SRRMO in Regional Office (RO) Pretoria. 8. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. • Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting;
• Experience in preparing reports, budgets, statistics and coordinate administrative activities; • Knowledge of IOM’s regulations, policies and procedures;
• Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software and procedures;
• Knowledge of IPSAS and SAP (PRISM) highly desirable;
• Previous experience in Regional Programmes, such as CT, LM, USRAP and GHAP required. Languages
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
Page 2 / 3• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 19 July 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 06.07.2018 to 19.07.2018
Requisition: VN2018/163(P)-ResourcesManagementOfficerRegionalProgrammesP2PretoriaSouthAfrica (55527796) Released
Posting: Posting NC55556082 (55556082) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Pretoria (South Africa)
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Operations and Administrations
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-07-19