Public participation and outreach strategy development specialist
Colombo (Sri Lanka)
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The government of Sri Lanka, through the 4-year project, âImplementation of the National Biosafety Framework in accordance with the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafetyâ, which is funded by the Global Environment Facility (GEF), is strengthening the countryâs institutional and human capacities for the implementation of the National Biosafety Framework (NBF) and hence the safe handling of living modified organisms (LMOs) or genetically modified organisms (GMOs). The National Executing Agency of the project is the Ministry of Mahaweli Development and Environment (MoMD&E) while the Food and Agriculture Organization of United Nations (FAO) is the GEF and Implementing Agency.
An International specialist on strategy for public participation and outreach will contribute to the implementation of this project.
The international specialist will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative for Sri Lanka and Maldives and technical guidance of the Lead Technical Officer and relevant FAO Technical Officers. He/she will work closely with the national and international consultants, staff of the Project Management Unit, the Sri Lanka National Science Foundation and the Agriculture Biotechnology Centre.
Strategizing public awareness, outreach, public participation and information dissemination
Tasks and responsibilities
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
â¢ Demonstrated experience supporting the preparation of strategy for public awareness, outreach, public participation and information dissemination
â¢ Previous experience in the region (South Asia) is highly preferable
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Colombo (Sri Lanka)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Communication and Public Information
- Democratic Governance
- Civil Society and Local governance
- Closing Date: 2018-07-27