FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Liaison Office in Japan is based in Yokohama, Japan. It undertakes a series of activities aimed at facilitating information exchange, fostering mutual understanding and promoting collaboration between FAO and the people of Japan on issues pertaining to food security and nutrition around the world. As such, it would be crucial to maintain and improve communication networks among FAO units/decentralized offices and relevant organizations and counterparts in Japan, in order to contribute to achieving hunger eradication and world food security and nutrition for all.
The selected applicant will undertake communication and related activities to enhance the visibility of FAO in Japan, including organization of events aimed at raising awareness on FAOâs work, in collaboration with FAOâs Office for Corporate Communication and LOJ staff as well as in cooperation with various stakeholders including Government institutions, media, FAO National Goodwill Ambassadors for Japan, NGOs, private companies, academia and research institutions.
Under the supervision of the Director, the incumbent will coordinate communication and arrange various events with FAO offices and relevant counterparts/stakeholders in Japan.
Communication among FAO offices, a variety of stakeholders, media, and the Japanese public at large.
Tasks and responsibilities
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Yokohama-shi (Japan)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2018-07-20