Special Projects Advisor - Events (f/m)
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
The Management Team is responsible for the day-to-day operations and helps to drive cooperation between member associations and to translate strategic directions into concrete actions, initiatives, projects and to give impulses and feedback to strategic leadership.
The incumbent will take the primary responsibility for the smooth organisation of the General Assembly 2020 and other major meetings including all relevant organisational aspects necessary before and after these events.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure the overall organisation of the General Assembly 2020 and other major meetings at federation level
- Organise and manage logistics relevant for a successful event including but not limited to hotel bookings, procurement and booking of meeting venues and management of hotel services and other vendors, as necessary ensuring and supporting timely visa invitation for participants, etc.
- Ensure the required technical set-up and infrastructure for respective events and meetings
- Manage a smooth registration of participants
- Design, schedule and secure side events and leisure programmes
- Provide and coordinate a supportive environment and infrastructure for participants during the events
- Coordinate internal and external support teams and service providers hired for these events
- Collaborate with other internal teams and relevant functions such as Communications & Brand, Office of the President and C-Suite
- Bachelor Degree in Event Management, Tourism or other relevant subject area or equivalent relevant professional certification
- At least 3 years of experience in event management or equivalent working experience
- Experience working with international constituencies and managing large scale projects and budgets; multi-media or production experience would be an advantage
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
- Good negotiation skills and the ability to multitask
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organisation
- Technical adeptness and highly proficient in the use of internet and standard software
- Fluency in German and English both oral and in written form, additional languages (French/Spanish/Russian) an asset
- Strong customer service mind-set combined with networking abilities, interpersonal skills and intercultural understanding
- Able to handle stress in a positive manner and flexible working style
- Applicants must hold a valid Austrian working permit or be eligible to work within the EU
- Diverse, creative and challenging tasks in an international working environment
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualification
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application by 12 August 2018 at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org, SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/.
- Organization: SOS Children’s Villages International
- Location: Innsbruck (Austria)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Conference Services
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-08-12