Manager, WeLEAD Iraq
Baghdad (Iraq) | Erbil
ABOUT GENDER RESOURCES:
GRI advances gender equality and women’s empowerment so that all people – women, men, boys, and girls – have equal abilities and opportunities to lead more fulfilling lives. We utilize innovative practices in adult education, communication technology, and results-based program management to achieve programs with tangible impacts for real people. GRI is a Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) based in San Francisco, California.
The Iraq Governance Performance and Accountability (IGPA) Activity will advance effective, accountable, and transparent governance in Iraq. The effort will work with the Government of Iraq (GOI) at all levels to better respond to citizen needs by supporting reform initiatives and Iraqi change agents on inclusive governance and public sector transparency, accountability, and economy. “Reform initiatives” includes support to improve service delivery functions, public financial management, and open government initiatives, the pace of which will be dictated by the GOI. This activity will support the GOI and the citizens of Iraq in forming partnerships and collaborative efforts, particularly in light of the ongoing fiscal and security crises, to jointly solve problems. This activity will be infused with the principles of equity, representation, and participation. These principles are required to support efficient, effective, and inclusive governance aimed at improving the lives of Iraq’s citizens and advancing political accommodation through the function of service delivery and the transparent, accountable stewardship of public funds.
The Manager for the Women’s Leadership and Diversity Management Activity, part of the IGPA program, will support and implement assigned activities to support women and vulnerable populations for the USAID-funded Iraq Governance Performance Accountability Project. The Manager, based in Erbil, will be expected to proactively implement high-quality activities to achieve program results. The ideal candidate will be a technical specialist with a exceptional level of professionalism and diplomacy. S/he will report to the Director of Equality and Inclusion in Baghdad.
This position is open only to Iraqi citizens.
This position is subject to funding.
- Manage all aspects of program planning and implementation
- Oversee program quality and ensure exceptional program impact for women
- Provide daily guidance to all team members on program vision and operations
- Regularly coordinate with high-level government officials and USAID to ensure high-level of satisfaction
- Build an inclusive and well-integrated team that effectively coordinates to achieve project goals
- Ensure a high-level of motivation among all team members
- BA required; MA strongly preferred (additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree)
- Seven (7) years experience promoting rights of women and vulnerable populations, equity in governance, or similar; ten (10) years preferred
- Experience training government officials on women’s rights and equality issues
- Experience developing high-level curriculum and training materials, utilizing adult education and behavior change methodologies
- Fluency in Kurdish and English required; Arabic a plus
- Prior experience working on USAID programs preferred
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- The ability to think creatively and be proactive program design and management
- High level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, U.S. and foreign government personnel, members of donor organizations, funders and policy makers
- Self-motivated and well organized
- Ability to work collaboratively, supportively, and respectfully with others
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
To apply, please visit GRI’s job’s board at
Pay is commensurate with position and experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. GRI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, disability, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, marital status, or pregnancy.
- Organization: GRI - Gender Resources Inc
- Location: Baghdad (Iraq) | Erbil
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Women's Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-07-31