Development and Sales Assistant - MicroMentor - Portland, OR
Portland (United States of America) | United States
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
MicroMentor is a social enterprise initiative of Mercy Corps. At MicroMentor, our mission is to leverage the power of mentoring to help small businesses thrive. We do so by offering entrepreneurs direct access to a pool of committed professional volunteer mentors via an easy-to-use online community. MicroMentor has an expanding community making 10,000 mentoring connections every year. Entrepreneurs matched with a mentor have shown significant results in terms of improved job creation, business survival, and revenue growth.
Our team is diverse, driven, hardworking and highly committed to the mission of helping small businesses thrive through mentoring and about Mercy Corps’ mission to supporting our worldwide team that’s improving the lives of 19 million people in 40+ countries.
General Position Summary
We are looking for an energetic, passionate, tech-savvy and creative individual to help drive MicroMentor’s mission and business forward. The Development Assistant will provide administrative support to the MicroMentor team to ensure smooth and efficient operations. You will engage with our users, corporate partners, internal and external stakeholders, vendors and donors. This includes responsibility for team administration and logistics, data entry, bookkeeping, invoice payments, reporting, and communications.
We’re a fast-growing startup within a large international NGO and our days are fun and intense. We're looking for someone with a strong track record in office management, comfortable learning and adapting to new technologies, systematic thinking, and working with multiple stakeholders. You will be working closely with team members across functions and geographies.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Fundraising & Sales
- Map grant opportunities suitable for MicroMentor and track progress. Maintain on-going lead list and research high potential opportunities for the team to pursue and conduct initial lead qualification
- Develop sector knowledge around entrepreneurship, youth employability, mentoring, employee engagement, etc. and for specific regions such as LATAM and MENA.
- Manage the ongoing client leads coming in from various sources and conduct initial leads qualification for paid opportunities.
- Maintain all sales assets and ensure they are up-to-date, on brand and compelling.
- Serve as primary point of contact of inquiries from other Mercy Corps teams as it relates to funding and client opportunities. Liaise with Corporate and Foundations team.
- Provide administrative support for proposal development for client projects and grant opportunities such as reviewing opportunity and gathering preliminary content, updated MicroMentor statistics, copy editing, formatting and final compilation of all resources for on-time submission.
- Support Director in other fundraising and donor related activities such as creating and editing high quality donor materials, reporting, and other general program informational materials.
- Maintain all client and donor information in Salesforce, be familiar with Salesforce reporting.**Administration**
- Provide support to the Director for MicroMentor advisory board set up
- Serve as board liaison, schedule board meetings, coordinate logistics, assist in board communications, updates and follow up.
- Provide logistical and tactical support for all team meetings and track minutes and subsequent actions items that arise from these meetings.
- Update Wrike with project timelines and deliverables.
- Order Swag items and other supplies for the team
- Manage internal information sharing tools for team and cross department coordination and communication such as the Team Google drive folders.
- When possible, provide administrative support for 3-5 people, including but not limited to meeting planning, completing expense reports, and small-scale event management and planning, enter meeting notes and managing tasks in Basecamp
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain and manage MicroMentor communication tools, such as social media sites, blog and other external facing outlets
- Keep marketing materials current and post news updates and stories on these outlets on a regular basis and during special events
- Be team point of contact for Mercy Corps marketing and brand templates and collateral
- Create marketing content and campaign collateral for mixed media outlets
- Manage design and print order for report and collateral**Internal Communications**
- Serve as point of contact for the team for internal communications and facilitate Mercy Corps web based information systems
- Draft HUB/Globe stories to highlight MicroMentor’s achievements and strategic updates
- Organize quarterly team check ins with VP of Innovation
- Coordinate bi-annual MicroMentor internal brown bag presentation
- Support director in monthly update to MicroMentor stakeholders
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Reports Directly To: MicroMentor Director
Works Directly With: MicroMentor team, Finance, CFT, Marketing
Knowledge and Experience
- BA in related field desirable
- 2 years experience in office administration or as an administrative assistant
- 2 years experience using a customer relationship management (CRM) database such as Salesforce is preferred
- Experience in crafting communications for a donor audience preferred
- Experience in marketing is preferred
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office and Google Tools (Word, Excel/Spreadsheets, PowerPoint), Gmail
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in international or non-profit work or a demonstrated interest in these fields preferred
The MicroMentor Development Assistant will be detail oriented, comfortable with multi-tasking and have superior organizational skills. S/he must have the ability to think critically and make good decisions that contribute to the team’s success. The Assistant must have a proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situations, to understand the larger picture while remaining focused on the details and maintain an even temperament under stressful situations. A good sense of humor appreciated. Awareness of and sensitivity to multi-cultural international development work is required.
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions
The position is based in Portland, Oregon. No travel is required.
Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit/TDY to a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Fostering a diverse and open workplace is an important part of Mercy Corps’ vision. Mercy Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Please apply here:: http://app.jobvite.com/m?3P8JWkwr
- Organization: Mercy Corps
- Location: Portland (United States of America) | United States
- Grade: Level not specified
- Administrative support
- Sales and Customer Service
- Closing Date: 2018-07-22