International INRM co-management agreements specialist
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
FAO Country Office in Uzbekistan is responsible for partnership with and support to the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan, bringing together technical assistance innovative, international best practices and global normative work standards with national and regional expertise.
FAO Sub-regional Coordinator for Central Asia and FAO Representative in Turkey, technical guidance of the Lead Technical Officer, and in close cooperation with the National Project Coordinator, Assistant FAO Representative in Uzbekistan
Conservation and sustainable use of deserts or related fields.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Advanced University degree in conservation biology, natural resource management, forestry, or related field;
- At least 10 years of demonstrated experience in in conservation and sustainable use of deserts;
- Working level of English is required
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Tashkent (Uzbekistan)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: 2018-07-23