The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Finance Directorate (FI) – Department Strategy, Policies & Business Support (SPBS) – Systems & Data Management Division
(SDM) – Market Data Management Unit (MDM), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
Market Data Officer
This is a full time position at grade 4/5
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid August.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The Market Data Management Unit (MDM) is currently comprised of 5 staff members and is in charge of Market Data maintenance and feeding processes operated in Wall Street System (“WSS”) and the Collateral Management System (”Apex”). It provides support to Market Data users through WSS, Apex as well as impacted downstream applications. MDM releases official EIB rates such as daily and monthly Exchange Rates as well as Pool Rates. Finally, MDM manages access to WSS, both TRM and CLM.
The Market Data Officer, internally referred to as Associate Officer / Analyst, will report to the Market Data Management Head of Unit. S/he will interact with the other members of the Division, with Front-Office staff in Capital Markets and Treasury Departments, with market data users in Planning and Settlement of Operations Department, Financial Control and Risk Management Directorates. As well as, with IT's technical WSS Support Team.
S/he will be in contact externally with counterparty banks for the contribution of market data, market price service providers (Reuters, Bloomberg, Markit, etc.) for clarification of specific data items and software provider Wall Street Systems and FIS on issues related to WSS and Apex.
As member of the Market Data Management Team, the job holder will cover all market data activities. S/he will execute daily and periodic market data controls consistent with the Market Data Configuration Guidelines and provide business support to market data users by:
- Configuring, calculating or estimating market data used for the execution and administration of structured borrowing and derivatives transactions, treasury transactions, loans and other financial operations of the Bank;
- Providing an independent opinion on the validity, accuracy and reliability of market data;
- Assisting end-users in accessing and interpreting market data and resulting securities valuations;
- Act as first-line contact to users in all market data related matters, support users to access and to correctly interpret market data;
- Calculate derived data out of observed market data or historical data series (forwards, extrapolations, volatilities, correlations), if needed give substantiated estimations;
- Coordinate with end users and IT's technical WSS/Apex Support Team the treatment of work requests of technical nature; Prepare IT business cases and carry through small IT projects under the supervision of the Head of Unit in conjunction with users and IT;
- Prepare and maintain functional and procedural documentation related to configurations in WSS and to collection of market data items;
- Ensure accuracy, reliability and updating of market data by means of the systematic application of the four-eye principle to all manual interventions in WSS and, with involvement of Front-Office and Risk Management staff and of external information suppliers, by appropriate reviews of market data configurations and values;
- Assist in the understanding and validation of financial assets valuation based on uploaded market data;
- Also, position comprehends the day-to-day processing of Access Rights requests to the Wall Street system.
- University degree in finance/economics, quantitative mathematical specialisation would be an advantage
- At least 3 years’ professional experience acquired in a major financial institution in Front-, Middle- or Back-Office
- Proven knowledge of financial instruments and markets
- Excellent knowledge of Excel is required. Knowledge of SQL and of VBA or another programming language would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the Bank’s IT applications, in particular WSS/Finance Kit and market price service providers, such as Bloomberg and Reuters, is a strong advantage
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and/or French*. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
Deadline for applications: 30th July 2018
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability