Johannesburg (South Africa)
The Programme Analyst provides professional support to ensure that the Fund’s country programmes are firmly placed in the context of: the ICPD Programme of Action; national development processes; the 2030 Agenda; and the process of UN reform.
The primary roles of the Programme Analyst are:
- Programme Development, Implementation and Monitoring
- Knowledge Management
The responsibilities of the Programme Analyst include assisting in the provision of ESARO and Country Offices’ support needs; mainly by ensuring the implementation of programme strategies and providing programming support. These include support in preparing programming documents such as CCA/UNDAFs, UNFPA Country and Regional Programmes, progress implementation reports, and work plans; ensuring quality and compliance with procedures and requirements; participating in in-house reviews and debriefings; and providing day-to-day support to the Country Offices and Regional Office management needs, as required. The Programme Analyst contributes to efficient workflow within Regional Office and region-wide initiatives by participating in the work of internal review groups and committees.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-graduate University Degree or equivalent in public health, sociology, demography, economics, international relations, international development, public administration, management or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Two years of increasingly responsible professional experience in work related to international development or social sector;
- Substantive knowledge and practical experience in population, reproductive and sexual health programming;
- Have a sound knowledge of the social and cultural realities of the region;
- Have strong research, analytical and report writing skills;
- Field experience is an asset;
- Familiarity with UN procedures and working methods, particularly with the programming policies and procedures, including UN Reform process, is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English.
- Working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese, an asset.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-07-31