Senior Finance Officer
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international humanitarian organization founded in Denmark in 1956. DRC implements relief and development activities in more than 30 countries throughout the world, assisting more than 1.5 million people of different ethnicities and religions. DRC/DDG is a non-governmental, non-political and non-religious organization and for DRC/DDG, people’s right to a life with dignity is central to all that we do. DRC has been operating in Myanmar since May 2009 and in Rakhine State since 2010, responding to the humanitarian needs in the aftermath of the Cyclone Giri. DRC has recently expanded its programme providing shelter, WASH, NFIs, livelihood support and community assistance to the people affected by the June and October 2012 events in Rakhine State. DRC Myanmar in Rakhine State is funded by ECHO, SDC, DFAT, USAID and UN agencies, including UNHCR, UNICEF and UNFPA.
To strengthen DRC’s Programme in Rakhine State, DRC is looking for highly motivated and capable candidates to fill the position of
Senior Finance Officer (1) Post
Duty Station: Sittwe Office
Report to: Support Service Manager
Overall purpose of the role:
The Senior Finance Officer is responsible to ensure a correct accounting treatment of all financial transactions in DRC/DGG in Rakhine an effective and reconciled monthly reconciliation; provide technical support to Finance Officer on accounting issues, following DRC/DGG Financial Manual.
- Review, validate send the cashbook to be posted in Rakhine State on a bi-weekly basis
- Document spot check for Rakhine Office
- To ensure that all document are scanned and sent to Yangon Office
- To coordinate the preparation of cash request bi-weekly in Rakhine to be sent to Yangon
- To ensure that PMs and Coordinator check the transaction list for their budget and prepare the rebooking to be sent to Yangon
- Facilitate the preparation of the FFU (Financial Follow UP) with PMs and Coordinator to be sent to Yangon
- To ensure that staff related to the project in Rakhine are properly allocated
- To ensure training and coaching Finance Officer and Finance Assistant
- Any other task assigned by line Manager
Qualifications and minimum requirements:
- A minimum of a postgraduate degree in the field of Finance and Accounting
- Proficiency in English is essential.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant professional work experience; especially in management role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of flexibility in a challenging and fast moving multicultural environment.
- Experience in implementation of Finance strategies and policies.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and respect deadlines.
- Clear communication, presentation style, good interpersonal and diplomatic skills essential.
- Starting date of employment: Sept-2018
- Contract Type: Regular DRC staff contract, including a probation period of 3 months
- Salary: Competitive salary according to DRC Myanmar salary scale.
This position is open for Myanmar Nationals only.
DRC strongly advocates for equal opportunity and promotes a diversified and inspiring working environment. Therefore, qualified candidates of ethnic minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages)
No later than 25, July, 2018 (COB/5pm)
Please note that due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis and DRC reserves the right to initiate the recruitment process before the deadline for applications.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Yangon (Myanmar)
- Grade: Mid level
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: 2018-07-25