Education Coodinator(National) - Myanmar
Kachin State (Myanmar)
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
1. Role and responsibilities
The Project Coordinator is responsible for coordination of the Education project within the South East area.
Job descriptionGeneric responsibilities
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
1. Coordinate and implement the Education project according to strategy, proposals and plans
2. Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements
3. Develop annual activity and work plans
4. Supervision, training and development of CC staff
5. Promote and share idea for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
6. Cooperate with relevant partners and local authorities
7. Organize trainings for the CC team, relevant partners and beneficiaries
8. Monthly activity/project reports and other reporting as required
9. Ensure proper filing of all project documents
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
• Under the guidance of the Area Manager and with support from the Logistic Officer prepare the list of items with the specifications to be procured for the Education program;
• Under the guidance of the Area Manage and the support from the Finance and Administration Manager, maintain the budget control of the Education program and ensure that NRC financial management routines and systems are adhered to;
• Under the guidance of the Area Manager with support from the Program Support team, ensure that procurement of pertinent Education program materials and equipment are in the highest standard possible and that they are of correct specifications and are matched to the requirements of the operation.
• Under the guidance of the Area manager, liaise with international, TVET sectors, governmental and non-governmental organizations in the area and collaborate where appropriate.
• Under the guidance of Education Specialist, develop the curriculum for vocational training.
• Promote competency approach in vocational skills training.
• Network and facilitate as necessary agreements with relevant Education actors, such as UN agencies, local authorities and other NGOs.
• Produce regular, timely and accurate narrative and financial reports to the Area Manager and education specialist.
• Take a shared interest in the success of other NRC activities in the region.
• Manage the staff by using Performance Management System to conduct work and Develop Plan.
Qualifications• Experience from working as an Education Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Working experience with TVET sectors and experience in developing the curriculum for vocational training.
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Fluency in Myanmar and at least one (local) Karen language, both written and verbal
• Solid experience working in education and /or vocation and/ or IDP/ Refugee and / or youth programs
• Significant political, cultural and gender awareness and experience of working where insecurity is as significant issue
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
Personal qualities• Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
• Demonstrated leadership, management and team-building skills
• Demonstrated understanding of issues in complex emergences and crisis contexts.
• Managing resources and achieving results
• Handling insecure environments
• Empowering and building trust
• Managing performance and development
We offerContract Period: Up to December 2018(Possibility of extension in 2019)
Salary/Benefit: 1,015,601 MMK per month+46,500 MMK medical allowance per month
Duty Station: Hpa-An Area Office with 50% Travel
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Kachin State (Myanmar)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Education, Learning and Training
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Closing Date: 2018-07-25