Logistics Assistant, G-5, Freetown, Sierra Leone - Post #00099031
Freetown (Sierra Leone)
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Specialist, the incumbent administers in an integral manner the arrival and storage of supply material and related logistics in support of operations and programme objectives. Responsible for effective planning of arrival, custom clearing and storage of program material supplies, and information management of UNICEF’s supplies stocks, in support of the Country Programmes and operations
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
How can you make a difference?
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Specialist, the incumbent administers in an integral manner the arrival and storage of supply material and related logistics in support of operations and programme objectives. Responsible for effective planning of arrival, custom clearing and storage of program material supplies, and information management of UNICEF’s supplies stocks, in support of the Country Programmes and operations.
Key Expected Results
- Rapid and relevant responses and assistance provided to evolving supply needs and situations, including emergency situations, with a priority on achieving value for money.
- Integrity, standards and accountability monitored, administered and maintained by implementing sound, accurate shipping/warehousing management systems, procedures, documentation and accurate reporting.
- Assistance provided in order to enhance efficient, effective management of program supplies stocks and warehouse(s).
- Effective planning and monitoring of custom clearing of program supplies to minimize transit costs and for timely availability.
- Effective collaboration and partnership in custom clearing / stock management with internal and external counterparts developed and maintained through better coordination, communication and networking.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education or equivalent, supplemented by courses in purchasing methods and/or accounting. Education qualification in relevant areas (transport or logistics operations/management, supply change management, etc.)
- Five years of relevant professional work experience. National work experience in supply chain & logistics operations management. Experience in emergency preparedness and response; development and humanitarian aid.
- Fluency in English and in the language of the duty station.
Diversity and Inclusion
Working with People
Drive for Results
The technical competencies required for this post are….
Applying Technical Expertise
Following Instructions and Procedures
Planning and Organizing.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Freetown (Sierra Leone)
- Grade: GS-5, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 2018-07-17