Senior IT Project Manager
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Information Technology Division (CIO) is responsible for all IT activities within the Organization. CIO performs on behalf of the Organization the following critical roles\: defining FAO IT policies and providing strategic advice on IT architecture and standards, governance, policy and operational matters while monitoring organizational compliance; defining the mechanisms for managing FAO's information and data; protecting FAO's information assets and ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability; ensuring provision of IT services that are core for the Organization's global operations and supporting the information and business processes; coordinating organization-wide IT activities in order to reduce duplication and fragmentation and to increase integration of information data, systems and platforms, mobilizing IT resources from across the Organization.
FAO International Consultants and Call purpose
The Organization frequently engages experts to work on short-term projects as international consultants. An international consultant is engaged by the Organization to provide expertise, skills or knowledge for the performance of a specific task or piece of work, which would be short-term by nature. The assignment may involve full-time or part-time functions similar to those of staff members
The assignment can be from 1 month up to 11 months. The possibility of extension is subject to satisfactory performance and depending on the resources and needs of the Organization. The objective of the Call is to attract talents with relevant experience and background to populate the developer roster. Experts who are registered in the Roster are available for consideration whenever relevant opportunities arise.
FAO IT Division is seeking for Certified Senior Project Manager capable of managing multiple IT projects with a strong understanding of Software Development complexities and methodologies.
Tasks and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Information Technology Officer, the consultant will act as IT Project Manager performing the following functions\:
- At least 5 years of working experience in IT project management.
- For consultants\: Advanced university degree or equivalent in Computer Science, IT engineering or Professional Software
- For PSAs\: University Degree or equivalent technical experience in the subject. Working knowledge of English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian.
- At least 1 year of relevant IT experience.
- Strong communication and social skills.
- Experience working in software development teams.
- Knowledge in project management tools & techniques such as WBS, scheduling, fast tracking & crashing, earned value management, risk management, etc.
- Proven experience in business analysis and building relationships with business units
- Experience in developing complex business cases, benefit/cost analysis, project briefs and requirements documentation related to ICT solutions.
- Knowledge of Business Process Modelling using software tools.
- Working experience on the use of diagramming tools to communicate ideas visually.
- Project Management Certification, holding a current PMP or Prince2 certification.
- Desirable agile methodology knowledge or experience
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: rome
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2018-08-08