SVN 2018/166 (P) - Reporting Officer (Displacement Tracking Matrix) (P2) - Tripoli, Libya
Position Title Reporting Officer (Displacement Tracking Matrix) Duty Station : Tripoli, Libya
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 24 July 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator, direct supervision of the Project Coordinator of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) for Libya, the successful candidate will be responsible for meeting all reporting obligations arising under the DTM project, as well as tasked to assist project implementation through conducting relevant research and review of secondary data, and recommending the commissioning of additional research projects to fill existing information gaps. S/he will be tasked to contribute to the strengthening of reporting mechanisms of the DTM project in coordination with IOM Libya's relevant programmes and other humanitarian partners.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Supervise DTM reporting, ensuring that the unit delivers all IDP and Migration reports and publications within the set deadlines.
2. Monitor the production and reporting of DTM's core products relating to its Migration & IDP information packages, Emergency Trend Tracking, Detention Center Profiles, Flash reports and other reporting products.
3. Utilize Publisher, lnDesign, Excel or equivalent software to contribute to the development of DTM public reports, which include data analysis, coherent report structure and appropriate Page 1 / 4contextualization.
4. Ensure the harmonization of DTM data and reports with other DTM information products (interactive tools, website, social media presence, media outreach, maps, etc.). 5. Support DTM Programme Manager in the development of new initiatives including the drafting of new assessment forms, new data collection activities or new reporting initiatives. 6. Support with the Unit's internal reporting and partner reporting on, for example, ad-hoc information requests and humanitarian bulletins.
7. Identify knowledge gaps and recommend opportunities for the expansion of DTM data collection and research activities.
8. Effectively liaise with relevant external actors to strengthen and expand DTM's analytical capabilities, and encourage and facilitate linkages between DTM data and broader IOM policy-oriented research.
9. Provide appropriate training for the data collection team on issues related to DTM, including definitions, numbers, trends, impact on receiving populations, human rights concerns, and basic humanitarian needs.
10. Work closely with IOM Public Information Unit to ensure DTM has a strong social media presence and is well integrated into IOM Libya's broader visibility and outreach outputs. 11. Support DTM Programme Manager in project development activities as required, including but not limited to drafting project interim and final reports and providing inputs for the development of project proposals.
12. Support and represent the role and functions of the DTM programme within inter-agency Working Group activities.
13. Support other aspects of programme implementation or administration as required. Track progress and follow up on deadlines.
14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master's degree in Business Administration, International Relations, Political Science, Communications, Demography, Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience working in international organizations and the humanitarian community; • Experience in project management and implementation;
• Experience in data collection, research, and report writing;
• Experience writing technical requirements documents, translating/planning specifications to technical briefs for data capture/analysis, and compiling diverse datasets; • Strong computer background, including experience with relational databases, Microsoft applications, spreadsheets, and word processing;
• Experience in the development and implementation of population databases a distinct advantage;
Page 2 / 4• Experience in relevant issues such as migration, displacement, and humanitarian assistance would be an asset;
• Experience in using of lnDesign, Word and Publisher are considered an advantage; • Experience of data analysis software such as Excel is an advantage;
• Works effectively in high-pressure, rapidly changing environments;
• Coordinates actions with emergency response actors and making use of coordination structures;
• Supports adequate levels of information sharing between internal units, cluster partners, IOM and other emergency response actors;
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with implementing partners; • Makes correct decisions rapidly based on available information.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French, Spanish and/or Arabic is an advantage.
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Page 3 / 4Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 24 July 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 11.07.2018 to 24.07.2018
Requisition: SVN2018/166(P)-ReportingOfficer(DisplacementTrackingMatrix)(P2)-Tripoli,Libya (55563596) Released
Posting: Posting NC55563619 (55563619) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Tripoli (Lebanon)
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Communication and Public Information
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: 2018-07-24