UNDP promotes sustainable human development to help build resilient nations and to empower people to build better lives. As the UN's development network, UNDP has drawn on world-wide experience for over three decades to assist China both in developing solutions to its own ongoing development challenges, and in its south-south cooperation and engagement in global development. Domestically, our work focuses on Good Governance, Energy & Environment, Poverty Reduction, and Disaster Management. In terms of global and south-south work, our focuses are trilateral cooperation in third countries, experience sharing on foreign aid systems, global and regional issues, private sector engagement, and sharing development experiences and lessons through south-south dialogue.
UNDP’s goals in China are closely linked to the government’s. As well as implementing measures to facilitate the achievement of the newly adopted Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), we provide support to the government’s domestic development as part of the 13th Five-Year Plan, the focus of which is on reducing inequality, recalibrating the economy for more inclusive, stable growth, reducing the environmental impacts of China’s rapid development, and continuing China’s emergence as a key player on the global stage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides high-quality Chinese to English and English to Chinese simultaneous interpreting services
- high-quality Chinese to English and English to Chinese consecutive interpreting services
- Conducts adequate research on conference materials, such as terminology.
- Provides simultaneous/consecutive Interpreting services for occasions including but not limited to:
- Technical Working Group meetings;
- Official missions;
- Meetings between the international advisors and national consultants, as well as national counterparts.
Remuneration will be paid within one month, after the assignment is accomplished, and satisfied by the request unit.
The award of the contract will be made to the Individual Consultant who has obtained the highest Combined Score and has accepted UNDP’s General Terms and Conditions. Only those applications which are responsive and compliant will be evaluated. The offers will be evaluated using the “Combined Scoring method” where:
- Technical evaluation - 70%;
- Financial Evaluation - 30%.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standard;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: University degree in English language, translation and/or related fields;
- at least 3 years of progressively responsible in interpretation with an international organization is preferred;
- Holding a CATTI 2 Certificate certificate will be an asset
- Fluency in spoken English and Chinese.
UNDP applies a fair and transparent selection process that will take into account the competencies/skills of the applicants as well as their financial proposals. Qualified women and members of social minorities are encouraged to apply.
Please provide Offeror’s Letter and proposal (download the format in the link provided) together with your CV while submitting application. And please note that the system will not accept the uploading of more than one document so please merge or scan all your documents into one prior to uploading.
Offeror’s letter and proposal download link: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1QEvrJRBPSIfXZORigDvVXA
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Beijing (China)
- Grade: National Consultant - Locally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Translations and Languages
- Closing Date: 2018-07-23