National Media Monitoring Expert.
UNDP Lebanese Electoral Assistance Project (LEAP) has the main objective to strengthen the capacity of stakeholders for the conduct of transparent and inclusive elections in Lebanon. Through a multi-component approach, the project has the intended outcomes of providing technical assistance and support in the following key electoral areas: (1) management and administration of Elections (2) supervisory commission for elections (3) provision of voter education initiatives (4) resolution of electoral disputes, and (5) initiatives to improve election opportunities for women.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance and advisory support to the SCE in the process of drafting the final report and associated documents;
- Contribute to the research and data analysis for the development of the media monitoring report;
- Participate in planning and assessment exercises leading to the timely completion of the media
- monitoring requirements of the SCE;
- Cooperate and coordinate with SCE personnel involved in the drafting and development of the
- Help build the capacity of the SCE relevant personnel in the area of media monitoring;
- Fulfill any other reasonable request from SCE.
For additional information, please refer to ANNEX I – Terms of Reference
- Familiarity with electoral best practices and international standards in elections;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent team management skills;
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic; and English language skills required
- Good computer skills; proficiency in standard computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently, but also as part of a team;
- Experience of data collection, entry and maintenance as well as good understanding of database management is an asset.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Advocates and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Knowledge of the UN preferable.
Required Skills and Experience
- MA in Information and/or Media studies.
Years of experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience in monitoring of media’s election coverage including use of software;
- Proven high level experience within media organizations;
- Experience in working directly with Electoral Management Bodies, with a focus on provision of technical advice and/or capacity building;
- Experience in management of communications/policy units;
- Demonstrated expertise in the development and implementation of large-scale, nationally–based
- media programs;
- Demonstrated understanding of the media environment with in Lebanon;
- Demonstrated understanding of the ethical responsibilities of journalists and broadcasters.
- Commitment to a free media;
- Proven experience or familiarity in electoral processes;
- Outstanding communication and excellent interpersonal skills and sensitivity to highly politicized
- Ability to collect and analyze information and data;
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Software and IT packages.
How to apply:
The consultancy is open for all international consultants who meet the selection criteria and propose a competitive fee. Interested consultants are requested to apply only through this UNDP jobs portal. Submissions through any other media will not be considered.
The application must include all of the following documents:
1. P11,2. Technical Proposal,3. Financial proposal
All files shall be submitted in one single document and uploaded as word or PDF file to the UNDP job site.It has been observed that bidders don’t submit all requested documents and thus reducing their chance to be selected for a contract with UNDP. before you submit your offer please revise that the application is complete and comprises all documents.Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Beirut (Lebanon)
- Grade: National Consultant - Locally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Operations and Administrations
- Communication and Public Information
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2018-07-17