Global Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (quality assessment) - Head Office
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
NRC works to protect the rights of displaced and vulnerable people during crisis. To secure our strategic goals we need to monitor and evaluate the work we do. Do you want to be a part of that work?
Global Monitoring & EValuation Specialist - quality assessment
For us to be able to protect the rights of displaced and vulnerable people effectively, and so that we can understand the extent to which our programmes have the impact we intend, we need to be able to implement our Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Framework and quality assessment tool. We are searching for a Global Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at the Head Office in Oslo who can develop and maintain the orginisation's ability to measure quality through the development of quality assessment in line with NRC's M&E Framework, and someone who can support and lead on a range of M&E development areas and routine M&E support to regional and head office programme staff and managers.
A proud organisation driven by strongly passionate and proud individuals who seek - and find -meaning in our work.
An 18 months position at Head Office, yet in a true international environment.
Some of the responsibilities and tasks
- Contribute to the development and implementation of NRC’s M&E framework
- Develop and maintain methodology, guidelines and tools for quality monitoring
- Develop training modules and conduct training on monitoring and evaluation
- Develop and maintain NRC’s approach to quality assessments (tool purpose, use and planning, tool development, tool piloting in country offices, tool support (guidelines and training) and platform).
- Support NRC’s strategic development by facilitating use of M&E data for decision-making
- Contribute to the promotion and maintenance of NRC systems for results monitoring and evaluation
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience, of which at least 2 years relevant work experience in humanitarian/development contexts.
- Experience developing and facilitating trainings
- Strong project management and negotiation skills, planning and organising skills and the ability to lead collaboratively across teams Excellent analytical skills
- Very strong drafting and document development skills, including policy and guidance documents and training materials
- Very strong understanding of M&E concepts and approaches
- Significant experience in measuring quality (through monitoring or evaluation)
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative methodologies and tools, preferably within the humanitarian sector
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
The position is an 18 months temporary position based in Strategic Planning and Development Section at the NRC Head Office. The contract conditions are as per national NRC Oslo terms of employment.
Please note that you are required to enter geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
Only CVs and applications written in English and entered into Webcruiter will be assessed.
NRC reserves the right to conduct a full background check on shortlisted candidates.
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Oslo (Norway)
- Grade: Mid level
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-08-13