Logistics coordinator Syria (M/F)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 45 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
The aim of the project of MdM is to support access to health care in Idlib, Aleppo, Dera’a and El Hassake governorates (areas to be potentially expanded), through direct implementation and to provide medical support to partners on the field. Primary Health Care, Sexual and reproductive health and access to Secondary Health care is part of MdM package of activities. Psychosocial activities are under process of being introduced within the projects.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct responsibility of the general coordinator, you will support and ensure close relation between the different logistic teams (missions) involved in Syria activities. You will work very closely with the coordination team and under functional link with logistics referent in regional office.
More precisely, you will be in charge of :
The coordination & representation
- Setup coordination system in collaboration with all coordinators and implementing partners to ensure a smooth implementation of programme activates as per MdM procedures and set plan
- Define and implement logistics process and ensures that relevant staff from each department is trained for a proper processes implementation and respect
The procurement and supply chain management
- Ensure effective implementation of MdM standard purchase procedures, policies and guidelines pertaining to logistics, compliance with donors or relevant government regulations;
- In parallel of the national open tenders, investigate on local Ministries of Health regulations and controls for the purchase and importation of medical suppliers and supplies;
- Develop a proper internal control system to limit any risk of theft, loss and deterioration;
- Ensure medical supplies, medical equipment and medical consumables are properly and safely stored in the mission
- Support Pharmacist and Medical team on medical stock management implementation and drugs traceability
The assets and infrastructure management
- Ensure the management of equipment and assets for their optimal use and care (monthly statement, Follow-up, maintenance, etc.)
The fleet management
- Supervise and coordinate all matters logistics relating to transport and fuel management
- Supervise the logistics team for the staff movement and follow-up for the needed documentations
- In charge of fleet sizing and strategy in terms of type and quantity of vehicles to be used on each hub.
The safety and security Management
- Coordinate and work closely with security regional advisor based in Amman
- Give security briefings to all the new staff and visitors and share the regular security alerts and updates
- Prepare and implement contingency measures for the mission (when/if necessary) and allocate the needed resources with the support of general coordinator;
The team Management
- Responsible for the definition of the Logistic department staff set up, and preparation of job description.
- Responsible for the line management of specified logistics staff in accordance with HR policies and procedures, including recruitment and performance management.
- Responsible for the technical support of all logistics staff
- Determine training needs for staff supervised by you and for local partners
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 12 months
Position based in Amman with frequent travel to Turkey, Lebanon and Iraqi Kurdistan
To be filled beginning of august
2820 euros gross monthly salary on 13 months
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (after 6 months)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
Family posting possible
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Experience of 4-5 years minimum in humanitarian logistics management with proven experience of the management of logistics team on a senior level
Academic degree in logistics or relevant field (desired)
Certification in Humanitarian Logistics Supply Chain (desired if no academic degree)
Previous remote management experience is desirable
Excellent organisational, training and coaching skills is required
Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability,
Listening and diplomacy skills
Ability to work in unstable and volatile context
Ability to work in participatory manner with staff to assess needs, implement and monitor activities.
Languages: English mandatory, french and arabic an asset
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination
Interested ? please apply via : http://www.jobs.net/j/JGEerZYR?idpartenaire=128