SVN 2018/169 (P) - Site Management Area Coordinator (P3) - Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
Position Title Site Management Area Coordinator
Duty Station :Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh Classification Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 18 July 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Emergency Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Manager (CCCM and Site Development Operations), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing and ensuring the implementation of Site Management projects.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Develop, implement and manage administrative and operational activities of approved Site Management projects for a given area.
2. Monitor, supervise and oversee the Site Management Operation Officers responsible for the execution of project components in a given area. Ensure the application of IOM Site Management Strategy, standard operating procedures and policies while liaising with partner organizations and governmental authorities to synergize existing activities. 3. Monitor and advise designated IOM site management implementing partners and substantively contribute to building their capacity.
4. Ensure that activities aimed at preventing and mitigating Gender Based Violence (GBV) in camp-like settings are mainstreamed and implemented in line with agreed upon Inter Agency Page 1 / 4Standing Committee standards, Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) Gender Minimum Commitments and overall operational guidelines defined by the Site Management Sector and GBV Area of Responsibility (AoR) working group in country. 5. Ensure good and effective coordination of activities between different Site Management, Site development/planning projects as well as projects implemented by other IOM units at site level. 6. Participate in relevant sector coordination processes and liaise appropriately with the Refugee Relief and Repatriation Commission (RRRC) of the Government of Bangladesh, local government and army representatives as well as donors.
7. Identify new opportunities consistent with the approved Site Management programme and ongoing activities and recommend programme improvements.
8. Advise on and substantively contribute to the development of Site Management programme implementation strategies aimed at meeting the programme objective in coordination with governmental authorities as well as partner organizations.
9. Review and adjust proposals to ensure consistency with relevant priorities and the approved programme, taking into consideration available resources. Formulate and present technical and substantive inputs in accordance with the required format for final review and approval. 10. Prepare or ensure timely preparation and submission of all programme reports according to IOM and donor formats as required. Prepare regular updates, programme summaries, press releases and other relevant materials.
11. Provide financial, administrative and logistical management as well as backstopping and identify, train and supervise staff in accordance with IOM’s procedures and regulations. 12. Undertake duty travel relating to programme assessment, liaison with counterparts, problem solving, and new programme development, as required.
13. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political Science, Business or Public Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Practical experience with international organizations, in development, implementation and evaluation, and/or programme implementation and management;
• Experience in Camp Coordination and Camp Management, relocation, cash for work, Emergency Shelter/Non-Food Items, and project management;
• Familiarity with different project cycle steps and donor relations; • Ability to supervise large numbers of staff;
• Previous experience working in Bangladesh or Rohingya population highly advantageous. Languages
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Bangla or of Rohingya Refugees (Rakhine State) is an advantage.
Page 2 / 4Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 18 July 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 12.07.2018 to 18.07.2018
Page 3 / 4Requisition: SVN2018/169(P)-SiteManagementAreaCoordinator(P3)-Cox’sBazar,Bangladesh (55565716) Released
Posting: Posting NC55565743 (55565743) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Managerial positions
- Human Settlements (Shelter, Housing, Land, Property)
- Closing Date: 2018-07-18