Food Based Dietary Guidelines (FBDG) Consultant
Home Based (Home Based)
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
- Consolidate and finalize the draft evidence reports that would form the scientific basis of the food based dietary guidelines;
- In collaboration with country FBDG Technical Working Groups, draft the FBDGs and Food Guides;
- Support the process of field testing of the FBDGs\: (1) pre-testing of FBDGs, messages, and graphics (2) re-adjusting and modifying the guidelines including the graphic illustrations (3) identifying expert firms with expertise in behavioural change promotion. This activity will be carried out in collaboration with the consultants in social anthropology and communications.
- Assist each country in preparing the FBDGs multi-sectorial implementation and evaluation strategy;
- Advanced university in degree in nutrition or dietetics or closely related field.
- Over four years of relevant experience in human nutrition programming with training and practical experience in nutrition education or health promotion and knowledgeable on food and nutrition security;
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of French or Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian. (for PSAs only English language is required)
- Results focused
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Work experience in one or more of the technical fields (i.e. Food Based Dietary guidelines, nutrition education, food consumption, health promotion or nutrition assessment);
- Relevance of experience in behavioural change material and in message development, pre-testing messages.
- Previous working experience in the African or in low and middle income countries.
- Experience in publishing or writing clear and concise scientific papers, policy papers, and guidelines
- Experience in planning and delivering capacity development training, as well as developing relevant teaching materials;
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written presentation skills in English;
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Home Based (Home Based)
- Grade: International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Closing Date: 2018-08-03