Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)
Position Title: MEAL Officer -
Reports to: MEAL Coordinator - North
Location: Based in Hajjah with very frequent travel to DRC field sites
Entry level / Graduate
Bachelor / Graduate
Start of Contract & Duration: Contract to start as soon as possible. Contract duration until 31st Dec, 2018 with probation period of three months. Possible extension of contract depending on successful performance and the availability of funds.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, non-government organization working with refugees, asylum seekers and other migrants. DRC Yemen operates within a broader regional context including the Horn of Africa.
Under the overall guidance of the MEAL Coordinator, the MEAL Officer will contribute to implementation of DRC Yemen’s MEAL framework, with particular focus on tracking project progress towards planned targets, supporting corrective action where needed, and assist in collecting and documenting lessons learnt. S/he will be responsible for implementing the MEAL activities; assisting the project staff in preparing periodic reports on project progress; and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities. Besides receiving and processing feedbacks and complain from beneficiaries and other target groups. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer works in close collaboration with the project team and key stakeholders and will report directly to the MEAL Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with program staff to ensure timely execution of assignedMEAL activities
- Assist in the formulation and adaptation of data-collection tools
- Overlook data collection and support in the rapid recruitment and training of field enumerators
- Draft reports, analyze findings and provide recommendations as required for project planning, performance management, and reporting;
- Undertake field-monitoring visits to assess progress of the project implementation using standard monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies;
- Monitor main Project activities and ensure verification process.
- Ensure that relevant program staff are aware of the Core humanitarian standards for quality and accountability.
- Support project staff in conducting field assessments and surveys;
- Support in the conduction of data quality assessments and audits
- Lead the cross-checking of means of verification to ensure evidence-based programming
- Develop close working relationships with all project participants and stakeholders;
- Carry out periodic monitoring and technical support visits to partner working areas to assess progress against agreed MEAL system and recommend corrective actions as appropriate.
- Assist the project teams in strengthening the accountability mechanisms at project level
- Support in the reception of feedback from Process and respond to complaint and feedback from beneficiary and stakeholders and program partners.
- Setup or Act as a help desk in the field office for ensuring all complaints and feedback are received and processed on timely manner.
Performs other duties as assigned by the MEAL Coordinator / MEAL Manager
- Skills and Experiences:
- University degree, preferably in economics, management or related field;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the design and implementation of MEAL in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Government;
- In-depth knowledge on MIS, MEAL and development issues
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Proven ICT skills and, especially in the development of efficient information systems using database software; like excel, SPSS. Usage of Mobile data software will be benefit.
- Strong training & facilitation skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Willingness to travel to the field offices and sites.
- Adheres to the DRC’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the DRC Yemen Program;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and partners to facilitate the provision of support;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, Respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)
- Grade: Mid level
- Education, Learning and Training
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2018-07-25