Senior Child Protection Case Worker Assistant (National Contract)
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
Operating since 2004 in Lebanon, DRC has addressed the needs and rights of vulnerable populations, working initially with Palestinian refugees (since 2004), Iraqi refugees (2007-2010), Lebanese IDPs (during the 2006 conflict), migrant domestic workers (since 2009) and, since 2011, responding to the Syrian refugee crisis.
DRC Lebanon is currently delivering programming in protection, housing, infrastructure, basic assistance, livelihoods, and community development interventions. This myriad programming seeks to address the immediate needs of displaced populations and concurrently support vulnerable host populations. DRC has five offices spread throughout Lebanon in, Beirut, the Bekaa, Saida, Tripoli and Qobayat.
About the job
Respond to children and their families’ survivors of violence, abuse, exploitation and neglect through the provision of child protection case management.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
• Receive high risk child protection referrals for children in need of child protection case management. Priorities intervention according to risk level
• Ensure that informed consent/assent is taken before opening a case and assess received cases and take immediate action to address urgent situations
• In compliance with best-practice, international standards in CP response and national SoP, provide case management services to boys and girls at high risk
• Ensure the child is involved and participates in the establishment of the case plan
• Send referrals to relevant agencies through the referral pathway and according to the action plan developed, flag all high risk cases in which judicial intervention is required to the Case Management Officer and ensure they are referred immediately to UPEL or Himaya
• Produce case reports of quality to be submitted to the Case Management Officer for case conferences and/or to provide recommendations, especially on alternative care options to Himaya for complex cases in need of judicial intervention
• Attend case conferences with relevant key actors when needed, raise gaps in CP response services and referral protocols to the Case Management Officer
• Adhere to the principles and guidance of the National CP Case Management SOPs, including mandatory reporting requirements
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a Bachelor Degree in Social work, Counseling, psychology or other related field.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
• 1 to 2 years of experience as a child protection caseworker, completed training on National CP Case Management SOPs
• Previous experience in international organizations and humanitarian settings
• Previous experience working with Syrian refugees in Lebanon
• 2 to 3 years’ experience as a child protection and GBV caseworker
• Master degree in social work and/or psychology
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: until 31 March 2019
Monthly Basic Salary: 1450 USD
Duty Station: Akkar
Start date: First of August 2018
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo under current vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email to Dolene Khairallah will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 26 July 2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visitdrc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Akkar (Lebanon)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Project and Programme Management
- Children's rights (health and protection)
- Administrative support
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Closing Date: 2018-10-15