Emergency Reporting Specialist
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
FAOâs goal is to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With over 194 member states, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide.
Join us in creating a #ZeroHunger world.
The Emergency and Rehabilitation Division (TCE) is responsible for FAOâs efforts to support countries and partners in preparing for and effectively responding to food and agricultural threats and crises. It is responsible for coordinating the development and maintenance of corporate tools and standards to enable Decentralized Offices to assist member countries to prepare for, and respond to emergencies. TCE ensures humanitarian policy coordination and knowledge, liaison with the Inter-Agency Standing Committee as well as with humanitarian resource partners, co-leadership with World Food Programme of the global Food Security Cluster, organizational preparedness, surge capacity and response to large-scale emergencies. TCE supports food security and nutrition assessment and early warning activities related to emergency and humanitarian analysis and responses. TCE plays a major role in the development and leadership of the Organizationâs programme to increase the resilience of livelihoods to food and agriculture threats and crises.
Depending on the duty station, the Emergency Reporting Consultant reports to the Emergency and Rehabilitation Officer, or to the relevant manager at regional or country level.
Support to formulation and implementation of FAOâs resilience agenda at global, regional, subregional and/or country level.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Emergency Reporting Consultant will\:
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: various locations
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Communication and Public Information
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Medical Practitioners
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: 2018-09-15