Common Services Associate (Min - US $16,290 ~ 19,074 per annum)
Nay Pyi Taw (Myanmar)
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Efficient administrative support
- Support to supply and assets management
- Support to administrative and financial control
- Support to common services
- Coordination of Registry and Receptionist functions
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the joint office administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans.
- Review services under Common Service and provide technical advice and ways forward to enhance cost efficiency and effectiveness.
2. Ensures efficient administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization and coordination of shipments and customs clearance
- Coordination of travel arrangements including the ensuring of relevant lines ministries for assignment and missions
- Organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation. Preparation of POs.
- Organization of workshops, conferences, retreats
- Coordination of DSA, travel agencies, and other administrative surveys, surveys for organization of common services.
- Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authority on space and other administrative matters.
- Regular update of names, addresses and telephone numbers of ministries, government officials, members of the diplomatic corps and office staff
- Supervision of cleaning services.
- Supervise directly or indirectly, activities concerned with office and grounds maintenance, security, transport, registry, courier services, etc,;
- Coordination of transportation services, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Prompt reporting and investigation of cases of vehicle accidents, damage, loss or theft of items; update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Assist in the preparation of office budgets on servicing/maintenance costs, etc.;
3. Provides support to proper supply and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Coordination of assets management with Administrative Associate of CO, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports.
- Coordination of the provision of reliable and quality office supplies
4. Provides support for effective administrative and financial control in the office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures.
- Confirmation of availability of funds prior to review by supervisor; creation of vendor set-up information in Atlas;
- Maintenance of data integrity in the database, control programme; analysis of results and initiation of corrective actions when necessary.
- Coordination of common premises/services cost-recovery arrangements.
- Proper control of supporting documents of funds and activities.
- Provision of the information for the audit.
5. Ensures proper common services focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Maintenance of common services/office space management to ensure integrated activities on common services and implementation of the UN reform.
- Prepare annual budget for Common Services Activities (CSA) for the approval of the participating UN Agencies and ensure accurate recording of all CSA expenditures and timely reporting/presentation to agencies
- Support in preparation of Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) from participating UN Agencies for CSA.
- Coordinates common premises/services cost-recovery arrangements
- Monitor and manage performance of outsourced services procured under Common Service funding and ensure timely contract renewal and extension supports
6. Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Training of staff on the administrative procedures
- Briefing/debriefing of staff members on issues relating to area of work
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.1: Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.1: Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.1: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Level 1.1: Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Level 1.1: Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components
- Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems
Level 1.1: Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Level 1.1: Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Prepares timely inputs to reports
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
UNDP Procurement Certification programme
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education. Certification in administration desirable.
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 3 years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service for degree holder and 6 years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service for completion of secondary education.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
(Those who previously applied need not apply again)
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Nay Pyi Taw (Myanmar)
- Grade: GS-6, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Democratic Governance
- Closing Date: 2018-07-25