Building Maintenance Clerk
Duties and Responsibilities
- All internal maintenance of UN City Campus 1 that is not the responsibility of Bygningsstyrelsen;
- Utilizes skills in trades such as plumbing, roofing, bricklaying, painting, tiling, plastering, carpentry, etc.;
- Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements;
- Assists in event organizing;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records;
- Assists in development and implementation of sustainable building maintenance program, including proper waste management system;
- Performs minor building maintenance services and performs ad hoc requests;
- Inspects electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes;
- Maintains inventory of repair equipment and supplies, and order new equipment as needed;
- Reports to the Administrative Associate on building maintenance issues to be discussed with owner or tenants;
- Performs routine preventative and predictive maintenance on systems and equipment;
- Performs inspections of the premises on a regular basis to determine need for repair and maintenance activities;
- Tests generators for safety compliance as necessary;
- Performs other maintenance duties as required. Schedule regular maintenance activities.
- Regular delivery of supplies to shared premises, ensures sustained maintenance of equipment;
- Ensures kitchen appliances and office machines are well functioning and act as trouble shooter for problems connected various office machines and kitchen appliances;
- Responds on customers’ requests in a timely manner, informs them if the external assistance of office machinery is requested.
- Receives staff requests and complaints related to the building maintenance and meeting room setup issues;
- Makes agreements for more complex repairs as appropriate through external sources if necessary;
- Prepares meeting rooms with supplies needed, and keeps supply inventory updated;
- Performs receipt function for deliveries;
- Responsible for conference rooms setup and maintenance, including furniture move from/to storage in a timely manner;
- Ad hoc tasks as assigned.
- Regularly conducts inspections of the UN CITY premises to document and report unsafe conditions.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
- Ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiency
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of professionals towards common goals
- Ability to effectively communicate intensions and requirements to internal and external stakeholders.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with minimum four (4 years) experience OR Bachelors degree in a relevant field with one (1 year) experience. Note: A Bachelors degree is not a requirement;
- Valid category B Driver’s license. BE to DE categories is an advantage.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Excellent knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods;
- Proficiency in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools;
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic, carpentry techniques and methods of installation and other systems;
- Hands on experience in one or more of the following: plumbing, roofing, painting, tiling, plastering, carpentry or similar;
- Experience with building maintenance, HVAC, electrical and other technological systems is an asset.
- English is the official UN language in Denmark hence fluency in English is required;
- Fluency in Danish is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers, office software packages (MS Word, Excel) is required;
- Knowledge of protocol and security issues is desired.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Priority will be given to Danish nationals and holders of relevant Danish residence permit.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Grade: GS-4, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Architecture, Building and Property Management
- Closing Date: 2018-08-05