1826 - Credit Portfolio Officer
To manage credit portfolio of the Advanced Capacity for Accelerated Development Initiative (ACADI) project.
To ensure results oriented, effective, efficient and accountable implementation of the credit related activities and achievement of planned results.
c. Background Information
The Government of Republic of Serbia, with the support of German Development Bank (KfW), plans to set up the Start-up Facility managed by a Project Management Unit (PMU), established under Public Investment Management Office (PIMO). The Facility should encourage banks to lend to start-up Micro Small Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and entrepreneurs through a risk sharing mechanism as well as encourage entrepreneurs to open a business through a start-up grant mechanism.
The objective of the Facility is to:
- set-up a guarantee mechanism for banks to collateralize credits for MSMEs which would not be financed by the banks without this risk-sharing,
- provide grant incentives for MSMEs and
- offer accompanying technical assistance for the PMU, participating banks and MSMEs
The scheme would support a broad variety of micro business initiatives, through subsidized micro loans to individual entrepreneurs. Based on business plan, loans of up to RSD 3,600,000 would be provided through participating commercial banks. The inception phase of the preparation facility shall run throughout 2018, with the ambition of upgrading the established concept, incorporating the lessons learned throughout the inception phase.
Considering that PIMO is tasked with loan implementation, it requires additional capacities to implement projects funded by loans, in order to ensure timely and quality implementation. ACADI Project shall enable efficient and effective provision of the necessary expertise, which will boost the capacity of the PIMO for fast delivery of projects funded through loans and enable successful implementation of Preparation facility for the KFW financed initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities
Measurable outputs of the work assignment
The Credit Portfolio Officer is responsible for day-to-day management and decision-making for the credit related activities within the ACADI project. The Credit Portfolio Officer is responsible to gather and analyze various pieces of credit information on potential clients, drive workflow, and proactively take the necessary action on deteriorating credits in assigned portfolio under the guidance of Project Manager.
Provide support to Project Manager for programme related activities:
- Conduct due diligence on potential partner banks and monitor performance of existing partners in terms of projections, performance indicators and covenants;
- Assist in negotiating terms of the partnership agreement with partner banks;
- Support partner banks in their efforts to implement the Programme;
- Prepare budgets and plans for the Programme and supervise collection of fees from the partner banks;
- Provide support in drafting policies, procedures, manuals and guidelines for proper processing and overall management of the Programme;
- Conduct regular reviews of partner banks to ensure compliance with loan and grant criteria;
- Maintain records of monthly liabilities/guarantees and grants registered under the Programme;
- Propose issuance of guarantees to partner banks;
- Review claims for the guarantee and grant disbursement submitted by banks to ensure eligibility;
- Prepare annual plans and projections of partner banks projected loans;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports on all approved guarantee loans of the various banks;
- Check and review figures and reports submitted by banks covered the portfolio;
- Assist in preparing/reviewing overall reports to various stakeholders with respect to the fund and its activities and assist the Project Manager with any reporting requirements he/she may have;
- Monitor guaranteed portfolio with the Partner Bank and conduct regular on-site reviews to ensure Programme is being managed in accordance with the agreed standards as per the procedures manual.
Performance Indicators for evaluation of results
- Projects’ outputs delivered within the acceptable tolerances of time, cost and quality;
- Regular contact with partner banks, other stakeholders and beneficiaries maintained;
- Monthly and quarterly reports developed on time in line with quality standards;
- Sound management of project finances;
- Project activities and results promoted.
- Good application of Results-Based Management;
- Good communication, coordination and facilitation skills;
- Consistently ensures timeliness and quality of portfolio work;
- Establishes lasting relationships and substantive dialogue with clients;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards.
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree in economy, finance and/or banking. Master’s degree will be an asset.
- 5 years of relevant professional experience in a finance office work;
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in financial and risk management;
- Preferably relevant professional experience in finance sector, including hands-on experience in processing loans and/or guarantees for investment projects, analyzing credit risks, structuring guarantee transactions, syndicating loans and related banking activities, broad-based bond market or guarantee operations would be an added advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems;
- The following specific experiences will be considered as an asset: experience working in an international organization; experience in managing projects in the field of R&D infrastructure, experience in relations with IFIs and overall financial management of projects.
- Excellent understanding of Serbia's socio-economic situation;
- Understanding of current policies and legislation on Research and Innovation;
- Understanding of CEB and EIB project execution mechanisms and relations between banks and project PIU;
- Familiarity with the EU accession process (especially the need for harmonization of legislation with the acquis relevant for Research and Innovation);
- Knowledge in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web based management systems.
- Ability to organize and motivate team, deliver when working under pressure and within changing circumstances;
- Excellent writing/reporting and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and team building skills;
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Belgrade (Serbia)
- Grade: SB-3, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Cash-Based Interventions
- Closing Date: 2018-07-31