Programme Mgmt Officer, UNTIL
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the design and implementation of UNTIL Malaysia lab’s objective; manages/oversees multiple, concurrent and often disparate tasks for projects that involve cutting-edge innovative applications.
- Reviews project plans, schedules, and budgets on the UNTIL programmes. Identifies appropriate human and technical resources to complete the project. Evaluates project risk factors, escalating project issues, and develops solutions to projects issues.
- Conduct activities around setting up the lab and preparing project briefs and other programme documentation around programme initiation.
- Submit regular reports to the Advisory Board and UNTIL Malaysia Board and liaise with board members on the strategy of the Lab. Take the lead regarding advice and reporting from the Advisory Board and UNTIL Malaysia Board.
- Works on the establishment of new partnerships and enhance existing partnerships between UNTIL and other stakeholders to strengthen effectiveness and efficiency of the programme deliverables.
- Oversees activities for the UNTIL Malaysia team; plans and allocates work assignments; coaches, mentors, and evaluates staff; participates in recruitment and selection of new staff and in the development of training programs.
- Oversees UNTIL’s communication strategy. Prepare, update and develop communication material.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer information systems is required.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of United Nations at both the HQ and field levels is highly desirable
- Experience in running partnership programmes with Member States is desirable.
- Experience at international level is desirable.
- Experience managing medium to large size heterogeneous engineering teams is also desirable.
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
- Grade: P-4, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Managerial positions
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-07-27