The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking for its Personnel, Corporate Services Directorate - Quality, Management Support and Systems Department - Analytics, Comp & Ben & Budget Division (Procurement)
at its headquarters in Luxembourg:
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 1st October 2018)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Turkey, Serbia and Montenegro).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted.
Objective of the traineeship
The Personnel procurement team provides support to the various divisions within the Personnel Directorate in order to procure and purchase HR-specialised services and supplies they need in their daily operation. Examples of these services and supplies are employer-branding solutions such as LinkedIn, insurances, medicines, child and health care services.
The main objective of your traineeship is to help the Personnel procurement achieve its objectives while offering to you the opportunity to acquire a good understanding of procurement, purchasing, budget, contract and vendor management in a complex and dynamic Personnel environment and gain experience in structured document and database management.
Under the supervision of the Personnel procurement team members, you will review Personnel’s procurement templates, perform quality checks, improve the electronic archives, and participate actively in the daily tasks assigned to the team.
Your work will mainly be performed in Personnel’s workspace within the Bank’s Document Management System and the Procurement-To-Pay financial database “PeopleSoft Financials” (Oracle-based software).
Your main tasks will be to:
- Help review and draft procurement-related template documents for the different kinds of services and supplies that Personnel purchases in the benefit of EIB staff: terms of reference, requests for proposals, framework agreements, contracts and their appendices;
- Do online research/market research to improve procurement and sourcing of potential providers;
- Perform data cleaning in PeopleSoft, in the Contracts Dashboard and in the Electronic Document Management system;
- Provide administrative support to the team in relation to day-to-day activities related to procurement and purchasing.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- University degree (Bachelor/ Master) or final year of studies in Procurement, Business Administration, Public Administration Management, Law or other relevant areas;
- Experience in administration in general, document management and archiving;
- Knowledge and experience in procurement would be an advantage;
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Word);
- Fluency in English, good knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
Please note that deadline for application is the 03/08/2018.
More information on our EIB Internship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website; http://www.eib.org/about/jobs/student-jobs/index.htm