EoI 2018/04 - Consultant - Project Manager (Cash for Work) - Gore, Chad
Call for Expression of Interest
Position Title :Consultant - Project Manager (Cash for Work) Duty Station :Goré, Chad
Classification Consultant, Grade OTHE
Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible Closing Date : 25 July 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. Context:
Chad is experiencing a large scale food security crisis, areas particularly heavily affected include those bordering the Central African Republic, where refugees, returnees and host communities are being supported with various measures to build resilience. In the scope of these interventions, IOM Chad is implementing a specific cash-for-work based productive asset building activity to benefit refugees, returnees and host communities through direct cash transfers while simultaneously supporting the durable local development. Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission and in close coordination with technical
experts, the successful candidate will be directly responsible for: Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Manage the conditional food assistance programme through provision of “cash for work”-based productive asset building.
2. Develop an operational manual to be shared with partners, government and donor, clearly outlining the modalities for the cash transfers, selection criteria, reporting requirements and fraud/corruption prevention and mitigation measures.
3. Implement all project activities in close coherence with the regulations set out in the operational manual.
4. Supervise and manage the national NGO implementing partner closely and ensure adherence to the overall workplan and criteria.
5. Ensure the implementation and management of a coherent and responsive community-based complaint and monitoring mechanism.
6. Enable and ensure equal participation of women and marginalized groups in the project implementation and ensure project design facilitates participation of women in particular. 7. Ensure activities are closely aligned with and complement those of other implementing partners, participate regularly in relevant coordination meetings and proactively adapt, redesign Page 1 / 4and enable close coherence between activities.
8. Closely supervise the day to day activities of Cash for Work supervisors in coordination with the programme engineer to ensure highest quality of work standards and results. 9. Ensure adequate staff capacity building, development of work and reporting plans, adherence to donor guidelines and IOM rules and regulations.
10. Develop and implement accompanying training components benefiting beneficiaries technically throughout the cash for work rotation and enable durable impacts beyond the activities in close collaboration with the logistics unit for any possible and required sub-contracting.
11. Ensure regular and transparent communication of all activities with communities and local government, in particular the regular holding of community meetings to ensure transparent beneficiary selection, decision making on productive asset building, project progress and mitigation of risks or conflicts.
12. Ensure timely and high quality reporting in line with the donor reporting requirements in French and based on IOM rules and regulations.
13. Manage the overall activities of the sub office in Gore and ensure adherence to IOM rules and regulations in close coordination with the RMO.
14. Represent IOM on the local level towards partners, donors and government in close coordination with the Chief of Mission.
15. Alert the Chief of Mission in a timely manner to arising issues, challenges and opportunities. 16. Monitor the environment closely and ensure timely mitigation and response mechanisms are implemented in close coordination with the Chief of Mission.
17. Provide overall guidance and monitoring support to other projects implemented from the sub office.
18. Ensure coherent, precise and continuous public information through issuing if regular press notes, representation of projects on social media etc.
19. Ensure close linking with the regional thematic specialists on arising challenges as identified in a pro-active and timely manner.
20. Promote and support project development according to the needs and situation analysis in the area of responsibility in accordance to IOM project development standards in coordination with the Chief of Mission.
21. Perform any other tasks as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in international relations, human rights, peace and conflict studies, social sciences or similar. Or, degree in agricultural engineering.
Page 2 / 4Experience
• At least 5 years of increasingly responsible management of complex projects, specifically on cash for work, cash-based programming or cash transfers.
• Significant experience in fraud prevention, working with community based complaint mechanisms.
• Significant experience with rural development, ideally in the field of productive asset management.
• Experience in challenging hard-ship posts.
• Experience in mentoring and staff development.
• Significant experience in application of IOM rules and procedures, especially concerning administration and procurement.
• Experience with project development and donor liaison.
Fluency in English and French are required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
• Applicants are required to attach below document in their IOM eREC Applicant profile. - Resume/CV
- Motivation letter with clear indication of French and English language experience Page 3 / 4• The call for expression of interest is for pooling purposes and candidates considered in the framework of this EoI may be contacted for any further assessment.
• The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
• Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment or visa requirements and security clearances.
• No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 25 July 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
From 13.07.2018 to 25.07.2018
Requisition: EoI 2018/04 - Consultant - Project Manager (Cash for Work) - Gore, Chad (55567691) Released
Posting: Posting NC55567692 (55567692) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Goré (Chad)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Cash-Based Interventions
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-07-25