Business Analyst, Human Resources
Background information - ICT
The UNOPS ICT Unit is part of the Finance Group within UNOPS and is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS ICT infrastructure and business applications. The ICT function within UNOPS is currently undergoing a transformation from being a service provider to becoming a strategic business partner. This transformation requires addressing several foundational aspects of enterprise IT as well as embedding innovation and harnessing of cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs as well as provide greater effectiveness, efficiency and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. ICT’s place within the UNOPS Finance Group also enables the transformation by ensuring that IT decisions are made with a strategic focus on costs, benefits, and risks.
We are looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals who will help us position UNOPS ICT as a truly transformative part of UNOPS.
Under the supervision of the Business Architecture Lead, the Business Analyst, Human Resources & Payroll will be the single point of contact for the HR function and the Payroll function within UNOPS. The position is responsible for collaborating with the business function to understand the core business need and to ensure that the solution delivered by ICT addresses the need and results in improvements in the form of increased effectiveness, efficiency, or differentiation for UNOPS products and services.
1. Requirements gathering and analysis
2. Data and process design
3. High-level support
1. Gathers and documents requirements and performs analysis to identify key business needs
- Assesses client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes)
- Analyzes client operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to uncover opportunities for improvements
- Conducts requirements workshops and meetings to gather requirements from the business function
- Identifies business needs and benefits of the change in the business process and ensure separation from preconceived solutions
- Produces documentation of the business need, benefits of change, and detailed requirements
2. Collaborates with business functions to perform data and process design
- Produces process and data flow design in close collaboration with the HR and Payroll business functions as well as other relevant business functions that may be impacted by the change in the process
- Ensures that requirements and process design span across wider value delivery processes
- Negotiates with business functions to drive the potential realization of tangible benefits from changes to business processes
- Makes recommendations and demonstrate how to best utilize UNOPS business systems to accomplish business objectives
3. Provision of high-level (level 2) support to end users. Level 2 support are cases originating from the ICT Systems Support Team that require a greater degree of functional analysis / diagnosis
- Identify, analyse and resolve system issues escalated by the ICT System Support team
- Provide solutions to inquiries about system functionalities and issues, by seeking technical advice and support from other members of the ICT team, colleagues, and subject matter experts
- Ensure optimal quality services by maintaining ownership of escalated problems until the appropriate resolution is reached and communicated to the person reporting the problem
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain third level support as required
4. Coordinates between business functions and ICT to act as the single point of contact for the business function and to ensure that the solution designed meets business needs
- Provides inputs to the Solutions Design team to assist in the development of appropriate solutions for the HR and Payroll functions.
- Assists in production support by investigating reported application problems and works with ICT functional and technical specialists to test, diagnose, analyze and isolate the root cause of problems. Coordinates further diagnosis and tests as necessary and recommend workarounds where appropriate
- Troubleshoots existing information systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develops requirements for addressing the same
- Provides functional support in the development and review of design activities for system improvements, changes, enhancements and upgrades as they relate to HR & Payroll
- Assists in the development of acceptance criteria, test scenarios and test cases for functional testing of solutions delivered by ICT
5. Creates training materials and deliver training to functional experts within business functions
- Identifies training needs for functional experts within business functions
- Develops and facilitate and/or conduct training sessions for functional experts / trainers with the business function (workshops, webinars, webcasts, one-to-one, online)
- Maintains and updates training material to ensure that it is current and relevant.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Human Resources, Business Administration or other relevant discipline is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in combination with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of master’s degree.
- Secondary education in combination with additional six years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master's degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience required in the area of processes relating to Human Resources
- Experience with developing requirements for ERP systems is highly desired
- Experience with developing requirements for Unit4 Business World (UBW) ERP is highly desired
- Experience with performing high-level system support function is desired
- Experience in user training is required.
- Demonstrated experience in developing training materials for enterprise systems is desired
- Experience in quality assurance and functional documentation is desired.
- Excellent communication skills and good IT understanding
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: International Specialist Level 1
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners' peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. UNOPS supports partners to build a better future by providing services that increase the efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of peace building, humanitarian and development projects. Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, UNOPS provides sustainable project management, procurement and infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors and United Nations organizations. With over 8,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, where they need it. By implementing around 1,000 projects for our partners at any given time, UNOPS makes significant contributions to results on the ground, often in the most challenging environments.
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Grade: IICA-1, International Individual Contractors Agreement - Junior level
- Human Resources
- Operations and Administrations
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Trade and Development
- Public, Private Partnership
- Closing Date: 2018-08-12