The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Risk Management (RM) - Regulation & Eib Group Risk Department (REG) - Regulation & BBP Division (BBP), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
This is a full-time position at grade 1/2
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for beginning of September 2018
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs,
with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The Administrative Assistant will provide secretarial support to the Regulation and BBP Division and will back up the other Administrative Assistants of the Regulation and EIB Group Risk Department
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Head of Division and work in a pool with the other Administrative Assistants supporting the various divisions of the Regulation and EIB Group Risk Department.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for general secretarial duties and administrative tasks with appropriate initiative and independence, including:
- Specifically assume lead responsibility for administration linked to the BBP Division
- Set up and maintain appropriate scanning/filing/archiving of electronic (notably in GED) and paper documentation, as well as ensure data quality, to enable easy access and retrieval of data/records.
- Assist in formatting, editing and proofreading documents (letters, email, notes, reports, graphs and presentations) as well as their finalisation and distribution
- Help schedule and organise frequent meetings and business trips/missions, including travel arrangements, administrative preparation, as well as, preparation of required documentation (briefing files and presentations) and information (including maintenance of meetings/mission record). Assist in the further processes of travel expenses after trips.
- Follow-up Management Committee, Audit Committee, Risk Policy Committee and Board agendas and related communication actions; prepare documents requiring Director's approval and/or signature; monitor that deadlines are met and internal procedures are followed, proactively liaise with other internal services (amongst others Governing Bodies secretariats), President's office and MC members.
- Coordinate with the other Administrative Assistants of the Department and Directorate and maintain a good team spirit.
- When needed, ensure back up of other Administrative Assistants of the Department for the essential tasks during absence. Guarantee business continuity and co-ordinate own absences with them
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail, distributing and circulating information, reports or status updates in order to keep colleagues informed
- Undertaking ad hoc research from the Internet and/or other sources and preparing reports and statistics (including presentation material)
- Formatting PowerPoint presentations including charts and tables
- Providing for logistical arrangements of teams, stationery, office equipment
- Upon request, routing and coordinating phone calls, taking and forwarding messages
- Help organise team and/or division events.
- Coordinating the quarterly Internal Audit AAP’s follow-up exercise
- Supporting the administrative and coordination aspects of work of the Internal Control Framework REG correspondent
- Administrative support to the BBP project management team
- Secondary level education, complemented with a 2-year certification in a relevant field (economics, legal, business administration) or secondary level education with equally qualified experience in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years of relevant, professional experience
- In depth knowledge of EIB's administrative procedures and understanding of Risk Management business would be beneficial
- Thorough knowledge of the standard office software (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and workflow software
- Familiarity with Business Objects would be an advantage
- Fluent in written and spoken English and a good knowledge of French(*)
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 26th July 2018
(*) We particularly welcome applications from men and persons with disabilities.