Vientiane (Lao ) | São Tomé
***This is a local position. There is no expatriate benefits provided ***
POSITION TITLE: Finance Officer, Lao PDR
REPORT TO: Country Director/Manager, Lao PDR
ABOUT FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Finance Officer, Lao PDR based in Vientiane, Lao PDR.
The Finance Officer position specifically provides financial support in the development and implementation of the Fleming Fund Project in Lao PDR.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Monitors monthly expenditures of projects by analyzing financial data and producing monthly and ad hoc reports.
· Reviews all areas of financial and accounting for accuracy and proper report content and coordinate with Finance Administrative Team of FHI/APRO on relevant issues (e.g. finance accounting, procurement, and consultant agreements, etc.).
· Provides financial and technical guidance to all implementing agencies (IAs) on a regular basis and as required.
· Oversees, maintain and update financial files, travel approval from USAID and level of effort (LOE) tracking.
· Conducts pre-audits on vouchers, invoices, and all supporting documents for all payments related to activities funded under the LINKAGES Thailand project to verify correctness and completeness.
· Maintains the LINKAGES Thailand project's accounting system to provide management with financial information required for monitoring, evaluating and decision making, and submits the monthly accounting report to HQ.
· Provides expenditure tracking/analysis for all costs incurred related to the LINAKGES Thailand program, and conducts pipeline analysis for LINKAGES funded activities to ensure effective financial management.
· Reviews accounting transactions, e.g. General Ledger accounts, wire transfers, check requests, and journal entries.
· Assures completeness of coding, documentation, and calculates withholding tax and submits payments to Revenue Department on a monthly basis.
· Prepares cash flow requirements and submits to APRO on a monthly basis.
· Coordinates with auditors, FHI/APRO and HQ on program and IA audits and ensures that findings and recommendations of auditors are followed up.
· Conducts pre-award and site visit reviews; supports the development of and amendments to IA budgets and training of IA finance staff; reviews Recipient Monthly Financial Report (MFR) and follows up on issues identified through field visits and MFR reviews.
· Prepares annual budget for USAID submission in USAID format.
· Ensures CO budget and expenditures are in compliance with USAID contract regulations.
· Performs other related duties as assigned
· Coordinates with APRO and HQ Finance Manager – LINKAGES project in information sharing, provides required financial reports and serves as a point person for communicating in resolving financial issues
- Prepares program’s fiscal year budgets, projections and pipeline analysis.
- Creates, updates, and maintains financial spreadsheets
- Prepares proposal outlines
- Assists with monitoring budgets
- Develops budgets, including staff time allocations
- Communicates regularly with study investigators in the field regarding budgets
- Works with project leaders to resolve problem associated with monthly expenditures and life-of project budgets.
- Prepares financial guidance memos to field offices with special attention to recurring problems.
- Submits monthly cash requests to APRO/Finance within ten working days of end-month.
- Submits monthly financial report to FHI/APRO within seven working days of end-month.
- Submits required/requested financial reports to donor(s).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES, EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY:
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
· Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures or the ability to comprehend them.
· Budget monitoring and general ledger skills.
· Relevant software skills including automated accounting software, database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
· Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements.
· Ability to respond to inquiries independently and follow-up on requests in an efficient manner.
· With minimal supervision, manage high volume of work flow efficiently.
· Ability to handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
· Ability to interpret financial information and reports
· Ability to work collaboratively and productively within a multidiscipline and multicultural environment.
TYPE AND NATURE OF CONTACTS:
Frequent interaction with program, administrative and other staff at APRO, implementing agencies, and banks.
SUPERVISORY AND BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Normal office working conditions and site visit to monitor sub-recipients as needed.
· Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
· Computer spreadsheet experience required.
· Prior experience working with international NGOs and government organizations will be an advantage.
Interested candidates, please submit your application to VSivongxay@fhi360.org The closing date is July 20, 2018.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- Organization: FHI 360 - Family Health International
- Location: Vientiane (Lao ) | São Tomé
- Grade: Mid level
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: 2018-07-20