Since 1998, programmes in Georgia are designed through a “protection lens”, ensuring that all activities integrate protection principles. As such, we will continue to work on expanding our knowledge and ensure durable solutions are provided to IDPs, returnees and host communities, and as well as make IDPs, returnees, host communities and persons in a refugee-like situation aware of and actively claim their rights, through legal assistance and awareness raising.
The main DRC donors in Georgia in 2018 are the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, BPRM and the European Union while fundraising efforts have been undertaken with other donors which could potentially effect priorities, the scope of work and tasks related to this particular position.
In Georgia, the programmes focus on the following core sectors of intervention in line with DRC mandate to provide durable solutions to displaced populations of concern:
· Shelter and small-scale infrastructure (construction and rehabilitation works);
· Livelihoods (self-reliance, small-business and SME development, work placement etc.);
· Access to education and community services;
· Access to rights and basic freedoms/protection (legal aid assistance);
· Protection monitoring and capacity-building of local communities are cross-cutting dimensions of the overall South Caucasus portfolio.
Position`s Overall Objective:
Livelihood Coordinator will be responsible to oversee the implementation of the project “Enhancing Youth Education, Employment and Participation in Conflict-affected Areas in Georgia and Ukraine” and its activities in Georgia, including liaison with the Education, Development and Employment Centre (EDEC), Implementing Partner organization in Georgia. More specifically, the Livelihood Coordinator will:
- Supervise and coordinate all daily activities of the project in Georgia to ensure that all outputs are achieved;
- Under the supervision of Strategic Partnerships Manager, develop and monitor the action plan for the project implementation in Georgia;
- Closely coordinate and collaborate with the implementing partner to monitor the services and the deliverables of EDEC, particularly the establishment and operationalization of 2 Entrepreneurship Schools, convening B2B fairs, implementing dual vocational educational schemes for IDP youth;
- Under the supervision of Strategic Partnerships Manager, evaluate the reports of the implementing partner;
- Participate in Project Steering group meetings or coordination meetings together with the Strategic Partnerships Manager;
- Prepare regular progress reports for DRC Georgia management;
- Liaise with DRC Ukraine counterparts regarding the project activities, if needed;
- Follow all DRC policies and procedures;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Business and Economics, or similar education required;
- At least 5 years of proven working experience in IDP related sector; at least 2 years preferably for NGO in displacement related contexts;
- Proven experience in collaboration with non-state and state entities;
- Proven ability in management and planning of project action plans;
- Good communication, presentation and reporting skills;
- Fluent in Georgian and full working proficiency in English and Russian;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract: 24 months.
Salary and conditions in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff. This position is placed at salary level between G2 - Step 2 and G2 - step 3.
Duty station: Tbilisi with extensive travels to Samegrelo and Shida Kartli regions
Availability: By 15th September, 2018
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV in English no later than July 27, 2018. We only accept online applications at https://drc.ngo under Vacancies >Current Vacancies. Click on the vacancy then on ‘Apply for position’ at the bottom of the window. Please indicate at least two references with contact information.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
For more information, please contact Strategic Partnerships Manager for DRC Georgia, Nino Khokhobaia by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications are not to be sent to the above contact.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tbilisi (Georgia)
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-07-27