Livelihoods Project Coordinator
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. In Ukraine DRC operates since 2007. From 2015 on, DRC successfully implements livelihoods programmes aimed to provide IDPs and conflict-affected population with income-earning opportunities thus strengthening their resilience.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Project Coordinator is responsible to coordinate all the components of the EU4Youth project deliverables in Ukraine and ensure that its goal is realized. S/he is responsible for key project activities and runs day-do-day operations in the field. S/he supervises the national project staff and the local NGO partner and with technical support of the Livelihoods Programme Manager ensures high quality of the project implementation. The Project Coordinator reports to the Livelihoods Programme Manager.
Coordination and representation
- Develop and maintain linkages with all key stakeholders and ensure their involvement;
- Coordinate the functioning of a project monitoring system;
- Participate in the elaboration of project implementation tools;
- Supervise the work of partner organization and evaluate interim and final reports submitted by them (including financial monitoring of expenses);
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts
- Represent DRC at LLH coordination meetings
- Ensure integration of LLH sector activities with other DRC sectors
- Coordinate with LLH sector counterparts in other locations in the implementation of common funded projects
- Ensure good representation and reputation of LLH sector at all levels
- Actively participate in internal coordination meeting
- Ensure and actively participate in regular LLH sector meetings
General Programming & Operations
- Contributes to the daily operation with comprehensive knowledge in a specific area
- Prepare regular reports to donor, liaise closely with donor;
- Carrying out LLH sector needs assessment
- Ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan
Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donors
- Together with the DRC Livelihoods Programme Manager, develop and manage strategic direction of the project operations in accordance with proposal targets;
- Develop in-depth understanding of local context, participating in activities under all the project components, that include business support grants, vocational training, institutional capacity building and policy change;
- Provides technical guidance
- Assist in developing project plans and budgets for funding
- Assist in developing the projects’ Monitoring & Evaluation tools
- Assist in project implementation and reporting
Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to relevant authorities as per need
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities and supervise employees at a lower band level: LLH Officer, assistant, IM Specialist
- Provide leadership and team building for all staff supervised;
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership for staff members
- May contribute to performance appraisals of supervised employees
- May contribute to the recruitment of supervised employees
To be successful in this role we expect you to have proven experience in the Livelihoods sector, with particular focus on the business training and SME development, business grants, micro-credit loans, savings groups, group enterprise development and facilitation. You will also have a training and facilitation skills/experience and ability to write high quality position papers.
All employees should master DRC's core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
- Advanced university degree in economics, public/business administration, or other related field;
- Proven practical knowledge of project cycle management;
- Knowledge of livelihoods interventions in Ukrainian context, good understanding of possible durable solutions for conflict-affected population;
- Understanding of the Ukrainian legislation on IDP integration strategy and regional development;
- Proven experience in working with IDPs and conflict-affected population;
- Proven experience in development and management of grant-making programs;
- Proven ability in management and planning of project budgets;
- Proven experience in collaboration with government entities;
- Proven experience in training/coaching;
- Proven experience in research/analysis.
- Good communication, presentation and reporting skills;
- Full working proficiency in both oral and written English, Ukrainian and Russian (equally important);
Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
Contract length: 12 months
Level: A (National scale)
Start date: 17September 2018
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Ukrainian Labor Code and Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Mr. Vakhtang Piranishvili email@example.com.
Interested? Go to www.drc.dk and find Current Vacancies. Find the job on the list and apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. All applicants must submit a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
All applicants must submit a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
ATTENTION: Closing date for applications: 27 July 2018. Due to the urgent nature of this recruitment, DRC reserves the right to interview candidates on rolling basis, so the candidate might be selected before the closing date.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Mariupol (Ukraine)
- Grade: Mid level
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Managerial positions
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-07-31