Logistic Assistant ( National Position) Aden - Yemen
To provide an efficient Logistics assistance for the Program activities in NRC Aden Area Office.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Key responsibilities
- To manage and register all incoming requisitions in Aden office and update status report on procurement for inclusion and circulation in the status report.
- To liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods, services and equipment.
- To assist in preparation of documentation for bids committee meetings.
- Maintain proper files of requisitions, quotations and purchase orders.
- To report all procurement status in weekly/ monthly basis to the line manager.
- Fleet, generators and transportation management;
- Responsibility on the fleet and generators management in Aden office that will include fuel allocation for the vehicles.
- Develop a monitoring system to ensure NRC fleet and generators are in good condition all the time.
- Organize for the dispatch of goods and equipment whenever required and verify the packing list, waybills and export documentation.
- Prepare transport documentation accompanying dispatches such as packing lists, waybills and loading details to accompany shipment.
- Prepare fleet and generator report in accordance to NRC logistics guidelines.
- Manage NRC rented vehicle drivers in Aden.
- Warehouse and Asset Management:
- Manage inventory control/procurement of items at Aden office and report all stock balances to the line manager in weekly/ monthly basis.
- Update the Mission Assets inventory for Aden office and guest/staff houses and generate periodic reports balances to the line manager in monthly basis.
- Degree/Diploma in Logistics or Business Logistics related discipline or related field of study.
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- Academy college / University
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience from working as a Admin Assistant/log Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English Language
- Computer skills (common Microsoft Windows and Office applications).
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- 5 Months (with possible extension pending Donors funds).
- Travel: Approx. 50 days travel
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Aden (Yemen)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Administrative support
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Closing Date: 2018-07-23