Monitoring and Evaluation Officer - Accountability - Tehran based (Iran Nationals Only) - Iran
Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, food security, livelihoods, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 6000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. NRC runs the world’s largest standby rosters NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs
NRC in the Islamic Republic in Iran
NRC started operations in Iran in 2012. We currently deliver humanitarian assistance in 6 provinces in the sectors of Education, Food Security and livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country. Next to our programs, NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop joint messages and initiatives amongst INGOs to improve rights of the displaced.
Following several recent breakthroughs, NRC Iran is scaling up substantially its activities in support of the Government of Iran efforts towards an estimated 3.6 million Afghans residing in country and is expanding its programme unit.
About the position: M&E Officer - Accountability for NRC Iran
NRC is now seeking an experienced M&E Officer – Accountability to oversee the operation of NRC Iran’s Beneficiary Complaints and Feedback System within the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Unit. The Position title will support the M&E Manager in ensuring that NRC Iran strives to be accountable to its beneficiaries and donors.
Our ideal Candidate
Are you NRC’s future Accountability Officer in Iran? NRC has a fantastic opportunity for a hard-working strategic thinker with a proven track record of working closely with vulnerable populations to give support to a rapidly expanding programme.
- Administering the Beneficiary Complaints and Feedback System (BCFS) including: handling calls through dedicated software, opening and assigning tickets in the NRC beneficiary database, and following up tickets, all in accordance with the Accountability Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Monitoring accountability trends by producing a monthly ‘Accountability Board’ statistical report, and giving a regular accountability briefing to all staff;
- Liaising with international and local partners to build their understanding of the BCFS and promote alignment of their systems with the BCFS, and contributing to the wider discussion about accountability in the Iran context;
- Visiting community centres and Afghan Focal Points regularly (where BAFIA permits) to gather a deeper understanding of how NRC projects are affecting communities, seeking out feedback or complaints that are not reaching NRC through the hotline;
- Visiting community centres regularly (where BAFIA permits) to gather data through a ‘community centre users survey’ on whether the NRC community centre model is working, building a deeper knowledge of usage patterns, distances travelled, needs, etc.
- Supporting Protection Coordinators to build Afghan Focal points’ capacities relating to accountability and protection issues.
- Previous experience conducting interviews or customer/client engagement either face to face or over the phone;
- Fluent Farsi;
- Proficient English;
- Good level in all common MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience working with refugee contexts is a plus.
Duty Station: Tehran
Contract duration/until: Until end 2018 with possibility of extension
Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Tehrān (Iran)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2018-07-26