Livelihoods Coordinator - Employment "Nationals Only"
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Technical Livelihood Officer - Employment
Role Specific Information
The Livelihood Employment Coordinator will be supporting the field level activities related to the Transitioning to Employment (T2E) program. T2E is NRC’s active labour intermediation programme that focuses on integrating Syrian and Jordanian youth into entry level employment through structured screening and compatibility processes; early employer engagement; and post placement support activities. The Employment Coordinator will be responsible for the direct management of field staff; ensuring all procedures and standards are respected; and creating effective systems to ensure teams are meeting deadlines and delivering quality services to T2E participants.
- Line management of Core Competency project field staff.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to Core Competency strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps.
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of Core Competency projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from Project Manager in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality.
- Provide regular progress reports to Project Manager (Area Manager and Core Competency Specialist if no Project Manager).
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of internally displaced/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Responsible for all relevant data collection, processing, and management associated with T2E activities
- Lead all relevant communication and activities (e.g., interviews and information sessions) with partnering employers and private sector entities
- Ensure T2E staff meet deadlines for job seeker recruitment, employer sourcing, soft skills training, and mentoring activities
- Create and implement quality control systems that ensure established systems and processes are being followed
- Responsible for all reporting relevant to T2E and creating an internal reporting system that is focused on internal learning and staff engagement
- Attend all relevant stakeholder meetings and working groups
- Plan and manage all relevant donor visits
- Coordinate with Monitoring and Evaluation staff to design and carry out assessments, stakeholder analysis, employer productivity impact, and tracking post placement employment retention
- Organize and lead internal coordination and planning meetings
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are seeking a university graduate in Business Administration or related fields with a minimum of five years of experience, preferably in HR, Business Development or similar fields. Our ideal candidate should be resourceful with great people skills, Must also have the ability to analyse & process information.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels, to have the ability to analyse data and trends for informed decisions and Capacity building skills.
In this position, you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Contract period: Through to 31st December 2018
Salary/benefits: 2227JOD (subject to social security and Income tax)
Duty station: Irbid
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
To review the Job Description, please download it by clicking on the "Job Description" hyperlink showed below under the related documents field.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Irbid (Jordan)
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Human Resources
- Labour Market Policy
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-08-05