VN 2018/172 (P) - Project Manager (P3) - Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire)
Position Title Project Manager
Duty Station : Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 30 July 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
their migratory journey along the routes of the Central Mediterranean.
To meet these challenges, the European Union (EU) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) have developed the Joint Initiative for Migrant Protection and Reintegration in Africa (hereinafter “Joint Initiative”). Implemented in 14 countries (Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal and The Gambia) through 14 specific actions, it aims to protect the security, dignity and rights of migrants along this important and dangerous migration route and to help improving the reintegration of returnees through an innovative approach. This will be achieved through different types of interventions including protection and assistance to vulnerable and stranded migrants, assistance for voluntary return, and support for sustainable reintegration in the communities of origin, the dissemination of accurate information on migration to migrants, potential migrants and communities, and the collection of data on migration flows. The Initiative will aim at strengthening the technical and material capacities of the authorities and organizations involved in these areas so that they can ultimately take over policies and programmes related to the protection and reintegration of migrants in the region, with a view to improving the governance of migration in the region.
Page 1 / 4Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission, and in close coordination with the Regional Office for West and Central Africa, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the EU-funded project for Protection and reintegration of returning migrants to Côte d’Ivoire. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Manage the project’s implementation in a timely manner, overseeing its financial, administrative and technical aspects, in line with IOM’s policies and procedures, as well as donor requirements.
2. Monitor project progress, specifically aimed at increasing effectiveness and recommending appropriate action.
3. Supervise all staff assigned to the project, as well as consultants recruited to support and/or undertake specific activities.
4. Establish and maintain strong partnerships with Government entities, implementing partners, UN agencies and other stakeholders in the project’s target countries.
5. Prepare progress and other reports and ensure proper information exchange on all operational aspects of the project between IOM, the programme’s donors and other stakeholders.
6. Act as IOM national focal point for return/repatriation and reintegration and manage associated projects, upon request.
7. Identify new project possibilities in the country on AVRR, in relation to expressed governmental needs, donors’ priorities and in line with IOM’s mandate and strategy. 8. Represent IOM at relevant seminars and meetings, as well as other events aimed at promoting IOM’s image and activities.
9. Undertake site visits and duty travel as required.
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in project management, including managing Migrant Assistance and Return/Reintegration project with a Government or UN agency, or a regional or international organization;
• Experience implementing similar projects in the Middle East and/or North Africa, and/or reintegration projects in Sub-Saharan countries is preferred;
• Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government counterparts, international organizations and private sector entities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills;
• Good knowledge of project management, monitoring and evaluation principles and practices; Page 2 / 4• Familiarity with budget/financial administration; proven resource management skills. Languages
Fluency in English and French is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 30 July 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
Page 3 / 4Posting period:
From 17.07.2018 to 30.07.2018
Requisition: VN 2018/172 (P) - Project Manager (P3) - Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire (55573327) Released Posting: Posting NC55573334 (55573334) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire)
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Managerial positions
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-07-30