The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services (CS) - Information Technology (IT) – Business Services Department (BSD) – Risk Management & BBP Division (RB) – Data Warehouse & Reporting Unit (DW&REPORTING), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
DATA WAREHOUSE - DATA QUALITY SPECIALIST
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for end of September.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs,
with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
As a Data Warehouse - Data Quality Specialist (internally referred to as Analyst/Officer IT Applications) you will design, optimise, improve and maintain the ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) developments dedicated to the EIB’s data quality management in order to ensure alignment with industry best practices and the latest banking regulation standards.
You will report directly to the Head of Data Warehouse & Reporting Unit.
You will work in close cooperation with IT, Bank’s Data Governance Office (DGO) and counterparts from all Directorates using the data warehouse. You will be in contact with key external parties (software vendors, providers of outsourced services, peer groups) to optimise service levels and to keep abreast of best practices.
- Participating in the EIB Group definition of data quality principles, policies, and the application of industry best practices
- Assisting the Data Governance Officer in implementing policies and documenting process flows using data quality functionalities of IBM Infosphere Datastage and quality stage
- Building and maintaining ETL data quality jobs according to best practices
- Guiding the analysis of root causes of data quality-related issues and proposing improvements
- Applying technical knowledge and expertise to define, test, implement and maintain repository of data rules and data rule definitions by working closely with data officers, data owners, source system and Data Warehouse IT custodians
- Providing timely support services to end-users, which includes issue resolution, data quality improvements and specialist advice
- University degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, Finance or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in the design, development and maintenance of a Data Warehouse in a financial environment
- Good technical knowledge of ETL tools (such as IBM Infosphere Datastage, Oracle ODB, Talend, Informatica) and SAP Business Objects Suite or equivalent reporting tools
- Experience with creating, testing and implementing business rules for data quality monitoring
- Experience with establishing data quality metrics and preventative controls for continuous improvement
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French(*), with a good knowledge of the other. (Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage).
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 3rd September 2018
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.