Communications Intern (Energy & Environment)
The Sustainable Development– Energy & Environment (EE) team of UNDP China office is looking for an intern to assist team’s communications. Main job responsibilities can be seen in the duties and responsibilities below. Sustainable Development EE team currently has 30+ ongoing projects that consists of Ozone layer protection, hydrogen vehicles, wetland protection and so forth.
More details can be found below:
The candidate is expected to support EE’s communications staff to explore EE’s communications strategy and doing daily regular communications assignments to promote team’s projects, and raise the general public’s awareness on the importance of environment protection.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing news releases, project successful stories, issue brief and social media posts regarding EE meetings, conferences and events;
- Doing internal sharing based on EE social media posts with team member by summarizing, news release and social media posts’ content;
- Designing posters and other merchandising products for social media or EE event purposes;
- Updating database upon supervisor’s instruction;
- Assisting in media resources exploitation;
- Assisting to plan, coordinate and on-site support EE events, developing EE annual strategy;
- Coordinating with colleagues based in UNDP New York office and Bangkok office, and staff in the government bodies where necessary to facilitate events and project implementation;
- Taking meeting notes and minutes;
- Translation and proof reading for team’s portfolio related documents;
- Other ad hoc assignments.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master Degree or equivalent Public Relations, Communication, Media, Public Administration or related field
- Full fluency in English and Chinese is critical, both written and spoken
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages
- Ability to design posters and merchandising products by Photoshop.
- Experience and knowledge on communication, public relations or marketing.
- Ability to hold this position for 6 months
- Relevant academic or professional experience in sustainable development (energy and environment) area is an asset
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Beijing (China)
- Grade: Internship
- Energy sector
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2018-07-29