Human Resources Associate
Across Asia and the Pacific, UNDP helps countries build and share their own solutions to urgent development challenges, supporting coalitions for change and connecting individuals and institutions so they can share knowledge, experience and resources. As countries develop local capacity, they draw on the people of UNDP and our wide range of regional and global partners.
The Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific (RBAP) concentrates its efforts on developing the region’s capacity to promote and accelerate action on its progress towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It implements the UNDP Strategic Plan in Asia and the Pacific and delivers on UNDP’s partnerships within the region and with development actors in the region. UNDP has corporately prioritized the implementation of SDG country support platforms as its main value offer in the new strategic plan. RBAP is actively taking ownership of this agenda and positioning its Country Offices [COs] and regional support to achieve these corporate commitments.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Management Specialist, the HR Associate provides support and leadership in the recruitment of key national/international positions in across RBAP Offices, ensuring the transparency and integrity of the processes. The HR Associate promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and promotes the maintenance of high staff morale.
The HR Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the COs and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex HR-related issues and information delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies, adapts processes and procedures
- Full compliance of HR recording and reporting systems with UN rules and regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework, proper functioning of the HR management system;
- Provision of advice and information on recruitment, changes in rules and regulations, implementation of personnel rules, strategic use of contractual modalities, application of entitlements, change management processes;
- Support and review of HR business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management.
2. Provide HR administrative and logistical services in full compliance with UNDP rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines, particularly in relation to recruitment
- Process, draft, edit, proofread and finalize for approval a variety of correspondence and other communications; maintain files/records, monitor deadlines;
- Advertising of jobs in UNDP’s corporate websites; long listing of candidates; and related functions;
- Prepare interview documents for screening, interview panels and selection committee;
- Implement recruitment processes including assistance with screening of long listed candidates, and supporting interviews, including compiling interview reports;
- Prepare assessment and interview schedules, written exams, etc.;
- Prepare of submissions to Compliance Review Board (CRB) for recruitment;
- Provide logistical support to recruitment panels;
- Prepare draft minutes of meetings and related memorandum and correspondence;
- Provide information and support to applicants, obtaining all necessary documentation;
- Maintain and update files;
- Perform data search, compilation, provision of the necessary information and reports.
3. Administrative and coordination support in the development and implementation of recruitment and staffing related systems and databases
- Provide administrative, logistical and technical support in the development and management of recruitment/staffing related rosters and databases;
- Provide regular recruitment status reports;
- Provide technical advice to clients on recruitment systems as necessary;
- Liaise with GGSU for the creation/ update of positions in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (COAs), update of COA information. Timely follow up with Finance staff on Global payroll issues;
- Monitor and track all transactions related to positions, recruitment, adjustments and separations through Atlas;
- Maintenance of the staffing table of COs and corrections, deletions, etc. and prepare reports from corporate dashboards, as required.
4. Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on HR issues;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Ability to apply knowledge of HR policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently
- Ability to research best practices and create innovative strategies and new approaches
- Ability to use and leverage information/databases/other management systems
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR. University Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 7 years for Secondary School, or 4 years for Bachelor’s Degree holder, of progressively responsible HR and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Experience in recruitment is required;
- Experience in the use of PeopleSoft or Oracle or SAP desirable. Experience in change management is desirable;
- Experience working in an international organization in the field of administration is desirable.
- Proficiency in English;
- Working knowledge of other UN language desirable.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Bangkok (Thailand)
- Grade: GS-7, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Human Resources
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-07-22