80042 UNWOMEN Finance Associate (For Indonesian Nationality Only)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Accounts in Headquarters (HQ) and the daily supervision of the Operations Manager, the Finance Associate is responsible for the execution of a wide range of financial services and administrative processes in the UN Women Indonesia Office, ensuring timeliness, efficiency and transparent use of financial resources and delivery of services in accordance with organizational financial rules, regulations, policies, procedures and approved allocations. The Finance Associate promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UN Women rules and regulations, standard practices and guidelines.
The Finance Associate works in close collaboration with the Programme and Operations Team as well as with the Operations and Programme teams in UN Women HQ for solving complex finance-related issues and information delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Implement financial strategies, in full compliance of UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and recording and reporting systems
- Perform duties in full compliance with UN Women financial regulations and rules, policies and standard operating procedures, including internal controls;
- Review and verify financial transactions, activities, and documentation; taking corrective actions as needed and reporting any unusual activities;
- Monitor financial exceptions reports for unusual activities or transaction, investigate anomalies and report to the supervisor conclusions and/or present recommendations for actions/decisions;
- Draft reports on financial status, procedures, exchange rates, costs and expenditures;
- Follow-up on audit recommendations to monitor implementation of corrective actions;
- Collect, verify and present information and data for use in the planning of financial resources and the formulation of the UN Women Indonesia Office programme work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements and execution modalities;
- Provide assistance in Annual Work Plan entry in Results Management System (RMS) as required.
- Provide advice and recommend solutions to a wide range of financial issues;
- Monitor the proper functioning of the financial resources management system for office and programmatic budgets and resources;
- Implement cost saving and reduction strategies;
2. Prepare and administer UN Women Indonesia Office budgets in full compliance of UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and recording and reporting systems
- Formulate the budget, create project in ATLAS (finance web based system), monitor fund allocation and contribution received, monitor expenditures, and prepare budget revisions according to the needs of the UN Women Indonesia Office;
- Support, assist, and monitor the setup of development project budgets in ATLAS to ensure they are in accordance with budgets agreed with donors and are input into ATLAS at the detailed Activity ID level, and in full compliance with UN Women Cost Recovery Policy;
- Track the appropriate and timely use of financial resources and monitor unutilized fund;
- Prepare cost recovery documents or bills for the services provided by UN Women to other programmes or organizations;
- Implement and maintain control mechanism for management and development projects through monitoring budgets preparation and modifications and budgetary status;
- Monitor each month over-expenditure of budgets and follow up for corrective actions with Budget Owner;
3. Provide finance support to the Programme and Operations team
- Review accounts receivables for UN Women projects and follow-up with project managers and finance section at regional office and/or headquarters on contributions, deposits creation in Atlas and their application to AR pending items;
- Prepare PO and non-PO vouchers for making payments for projects by ensuring correctness, completeness, timeliness, and full compliance to UN Women policies, guidelines, rules and regulations;
- Undertake corrective actions on un-posted vouchers, including vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions and unapproved vouchers. Frequently review and investigate payment vouchers which are in error;
- Record and review transactions in Atlas, ensure payroll, travel claims, commitments, and other entitlements are properly processed;
- Monitor regularly transactions posted to projects ensuring actual expenditure has been recorded against correct budget category and activity, take timely corrective actions as required;
- Monitor proper follow up of advances to implementing partners, review their financial reports together with project managers;
- Ensure partners’ rating is done and verification of FACE (UN Women Financial Report) supporting documents are carried out according to the partners’ rating as required by UN Women Programme and Operations Manual (POM);
- Record liquidation of advance to partners based on FACEs approved and certified by project managers, and ensure UN Women policies and guidelines are adhered to;
- Monitor and proper follow up of all the financial items in Month-end and Year-end closure instructions status and under the guidance of the Operations Manager, take correction actions as required
- Assist with preparation for Audit of Projects and Partners by third party audit firm. Follow-up and/or take action on audit recommendations to ensure implementation of corrective actions. Assist in reviewing the audit reports on NGO executed projects;
- Assist in undertaking capacity assessment on potential partners as a member of Committee for Partners’ Assessment (CPA) as required by Programme and Operations Manual (POM);
- Keep stakeholders and clients informed for timely actions/decisions and review status reports for quality control;
- Provide information inputs to financial reports for Regional Office, HQ Finance and stakeholders;
- Lead, provide inputs and take necessary actions to facilitate timely financial project closure;
- Support financial donor reporting by providing timely information and taking necessary actions as required by UN Women Virtual Global Service Centre for financial donor reporting;
- Prepare VAT (Tax) reimbursements with adequate documentation support;
- Manage petty cash fund, monthly reconciliation and replenishments
4. Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization
- Compile and process information from donors, UN Women Indonesia Office, and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Prepare drafts for cost sharing agreements including conditions of contributions within resource mobilization efforts, adhering to standard agreements where possible. Follow up on contributions within the CO resource mobilization efforts.
5. Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Conduct training and/or helping organize training events and activities for UN Women staff and partners; as well as participate in trainings;
- Collect and compile lessons learned and best practices in financial management and services. Disseminate to clients and stakeholders as appropriate to build capacity and knowledge;
- Contribute to financial business operational practices and management innovations.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely, complete and accurate financial transactions/activities/documentation
- Timely and accurate advice on UN Women financial rules and regulations
- Timely and regular monitoring of financial resources management system and timely expenditure of financial resources
- Timely and accurate support to budget formulation and controlling allotments
- Timely and accurate monitoring of internal expenditures control systems
- Timely and accurate drafting of management financial reports
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Strong knowledge of financial rules and regulations and accounting principles;
- Strong knowledge and application skills of IT tools and understanding of management systems;
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems;
- Ability to administer and execute financial and accounting processes and transactions.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- Specialized national or international certification in accounting and finance is an asset
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting is an asset.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in finance;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Experience in the use of ATLAS (finance web based system) is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
Applicant must complete P11 form and submit as part of their application. Click here to download the form http://bit.ly/P11system
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated?in?the strictest confidence.UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement.? We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with a similar?job description, experience, and?education requirements.